dhtmlGrid Does not load in Internet Explorer

[attachment=0]ie_screenshot.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]chrome_screenshot.JPG[/attachment]

Hi!

I hope you all are looking forward for 2013.

I have this problem of the grid not displaying in Internet explorer. It says ‘dhtmlXGridObject’ is undefined’ reading the forum I think it is due to the “incorrect use of content type”. However, I am not sure so below is the code and the screenshots. Also, we are incorporating this with a 3rd party template that we do not have control over. eg…we do not have control over or tags…hence can’t load doInitGrid(); in the tag…Quite limited to what we can do. The grid shows in FF, Chrome and Opera. I tried attaching the code as a text file but I can’t attach a text or a doc file…so sorry for the long code…

Attached screenshots in chrome and ie.

ABOVE THIS IS THE THIRD PARTY TEMPLATE

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script>window.jQuery || document.write('<script src="../js/libs/jquery-1.8.3.min.js"><\/script>')</script>
    <!--End JQuery Javascript-->

<!-- Start default dhtmlxGrid javascript -->
    <script src="../streamlined/js/libs/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/dhtmlxcommon.js"></script>
    <script src="../streamlined/js/libs/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/dhtmlxgrid.js"></script>
    <script src="../streamlined/js/libs/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/dhtmlxgridcell.js"></script>
    <!-- End default dhtmlxGrid javascript -->
    <!-- Required for default tree grid rendering -->
    <script src="../streamlined/js/libs/dhtmlxTreeGrid/codebase/dhtmlxtreegrid.js"></script>
    <!-- Required for adding headers to rows -->
    <script src="../streamlined/js/libs/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/ext/dhtmlxgrid_hmenu.js"></script>
    <!-- Required for adding smart rendering to rows -->
    <script src="../streamlined/js/libs/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/ext/dhtmlxgrid_srnd.js"></script>
    <!-- Required for adding filtering to columns -->
    <script src="../streamlined/js/libs/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/ext/dhtmlxgrid_filter.js"></script>
    <!-- Required for adding links to cells -->
    <script src="../streamlined/js/libs/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/excells/dhtmlxgrid_excell_link.js"></script>
    <!-- tooltip plugin -->
    <script src="../streamlined/js/libs/bootstrap-tooltip/bootstrap-tooltip.js"></script>
    <!-- initialisation scrips and config -->
    <script src="../streamlined/js/dashboard.js"></script>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../streamlined/js/libs/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/dhtmlxgrid.css">
    <!-- End default dhtmlxGrid styles -->
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../streamlined/css/sits.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../streamlined/css/local-styles.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../streamlined/css/local-2-col.css" />
<div id="ADMselector"> 

<caption>Programme Dashboard - <<@U_AW_DASH_MST_FAC_NAME>> </caption> <!--3rd party include -->

</div>
<form action="." class="app-search">

<select name="search_options" class="search-options">
        <option value="pid" selected="selected">Personal Id</option>
        <option value="student_no">Student Number</option>
        <option value="s_no">S Number</option>
    </select>
    <input type="text" name="query" class="search-query" placeholder='Find e.g. "1096622428" '>
    <input type="submit" class="search-submit" value="Go" >
</form>
<div id="mygrid_container" style="width:98%; height:800px; background-color:white;overflow:hidden;"></div>

BELOW THIS IS THIRD PART TEMPLATE

Another point…

XML file streamlined/xml-tests/tree3.xml does not have a xml declaration. Could it be that the does not have a beginning ?

XML FILE below…

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Faculty of Sciences Sciences RD - Mental HealthUnit Faculty of Sciences

Unfortunately the issue cannot be reconstructed locally.
Your code works well for us in ie 8,9,10.
Your “tree3.xml” also loads well in IE

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

We found out the issue was because we used . Once we removed it, it works but the notification bar doesn’t seem to work in IE and it says “this.entBox” is null or not an object in line 9 of dhtmlxgrid.js Please see the image attached.

[attachment=0]notification-bar-screenshot.jpg[/attachment]

Your code works well for us.
If issue still occurs - please, provide a complete demo where the issue can be reconstructed.
Here you can find a tutorial about creating a complete demo:
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=othe … leted_demo