DHTMLX Scheduler: Events

Is it possible to alter the behavior of the Add\Edit functionality on the DHTMLX Scheduler control to open a dialog window instead of leveraging the built-in edit mode?

Is it possible to add\remove\change behavior of the buttons which appear on the left side of an event when it is selected?

For cases where the calendar is for an abstract date range, such that the days should read “Day 1, Day 2, Day 3…” instead of any particular real date, what would be the recommended approach to achieve this effect using the DHTMLX Scheduler control?

instead of leveraging the built-in edit mode?

scheduler.config.details_on_create = true;
scheduler.config.details_on_dblclick = true;

>>Is it possible to add\remove\change behavior of the buttons
They defined as
scheduler.config.icons_edit=[“icon_save”,“icon_cancel”];
scheduler.config.icons_select=[“icon_details”,“icon_edit”,“icon_delete”];

You can redefine them in any necessary way. Adding custom values will create a custom buttons

scheduler.config.icons_edit=[“icon_save”,“icon_cancel”,“icon_custom1”]
scheduler.locale.labels.icon_custom1 = “my text”;
scheduler.click.buttons.custom1=function(){
//do something
}

div.icon
custom1{
background-image:url(imgs/some.gif);
}

>>For cases where the calendar is for an abstract date range
You can define template for scale generation
scheduler.templates.week_scale_date = function(date_object){
var n = some_magic_here(date_object);
return "Day "+n;
}
You can use scheduler._min_date to get start of scale
function some_magic_here(date){
return Math.floor((date.valueOf()-scheduler._min_date.valueOf())/(606024*1000));
}

It seems like week_scale_date can only be set after init and then requires a subsiquent call to setCurrentView to force the calendar to display using the new scale.  Is this expected or is there a way to set the week template’s date scale before init to eliminate the dupicate call.  (If I try to set week_scale_date before init I get “scheduler.templates is undefined”).

Thanks!

-Tom

Is this expected
Yes, in current version templates can be redefined only after scheduler initialization ( during initialization, scheduler generate default templates based on configuration ) - it will be updated in next version , to allow redefining in any time ( before or after initialization )

In the latest version I have, “scheduler.config.details_on_dblclick = true;” works but “scheduler.config.details_on_create = true;” does not.  When double clicking to create a new event, the native in-line editor still opens instead of the light box.

Regression was confirmed and fixed
Updated js file is attached to the post.
codebase.zip (19.6 KB)