dhtmlx text area

Hi,

i am using a dhtmlx window, with a dhtmlx toolbar. i then need to have something that works like a text area inside the window where i can display data but it is not editable. i also need to change the background colours etc…

I need the height to be a fixed height, and if the text goes over this height then a scrollbar appears so the user can scroll down the text area

i need this to work in very much the same way as a normal text area. will any of your products service this purpose or shall i use a text area and then use the attach object method to attach it to the window?

thanks for your help

richard

Hello,

i then need to have something that works like a text area inside the
window where i can display data but it is not editable

We can’t reproduce this bug. Fields are editable on our side (just cursor
hidden in firefox).

Could you please attach your demo?

i also need to change the background colours

Edit the dhtmlxwindows_[%skinname%].css file. You need to edit the following
styles:

…dhtmlx_wins_body_content {

background-color: #…;

}

There are several styles ended with dhtmlx_wins_body_content (for
active/inactive window, etc)

I need the height to be a fixed height, and if the text goes over this
height then a scrollbar appears so the user can scroll down the text
area

You need to set style=“width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow: auto;” to your container for this.
For the text-area you can use dhtmlxEditor.
You can fine demo here: dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxW … 6668548000

Hi,

i dont have a demo and dont have any bugs for you to reproduce. In fact i dont think you quite understood my question, but do appreciate the links you have sent as they do help me to understand this.

basically, is it possible to set the height of an individual row in a grid, regardless of how much text is in it?

thanks

is it possible to set the height of an individual row in a grid, regardless of how much text is in it?
You can define it through row@style in xml

<row style=‘height:99px;’ …

or by js as

grid.setRowTextStyle(id,“height:99px;”)

Beware, that you need to have multiline mode enabled if you want to use such custom-sized rows in smart-rendering mode.

excellent, thanks very much