dhtmlxAjax.getSync not working for IE 9 sometimes

I am having an unusual issue when trying to make an ajax call using IE 9 on Windows 7 Enterprise. Works fine in other browsers like FF, Chrome, and IE 9 Compatibility View, just not IE 9.

When a click a button on my JSP page it calls a javascript function to make an ajax call to my Java servlet passing some parameters. Here is what the ajax call looks like:

alert(“calling ajax…”);
var responseVal = dhtmlxAjax.getSync(URL+ “?parm1=” + someparm1 + “&parm2=” + someparm2);
alert(“back from ajax…”);

Clicking the button I get the first alert “calling ajax…” but I am not getting the second alert “back from ajax…”.

Using the F12 developer tools in IE 9 and starting my debugger I get the following when I click the button:

SCRIPT438: Object doesn’t support property or method ‘load’
dhtmlxcommon.js, line 22 character 226

I have made sure I am using all the latest .js file as suggested when this error occurs but it still causes the error.

Here is the interesting and complexing issue:

I have other co-workers using the same IE 9 browser, version, and Browser Mode: IE 9, going to the exact same page and they are able to click the button and not have it error, while others will get the error. We are all hitting the exact same code. We have cleared out cache and temp files to no avail, thinking it might be a caching issue. Any ideas why some of our IE 9 browser get the error and some do not?

Thanks for any help…

Are you using the latest version of dhtmlxcommon.js (v.3.5). Such a problem may occur with an old version.

Yes. That was one of the first things I did was make sure we had all the lastest javascript files including dhtmlxcommon.js. Looking at other posts and google that was the suggestions I found.

If it was version issue I would expect all the IE 9 browser to have the issue of making the dhtmlxAjax.getSync call. There has to be something different between our browsers to cause some to work and others not. I just have not found any differences yet.

Here is the working sample:

dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … quest.html

Please select “Use Synchronous Mode” checkbox and click “GET” = > in this case the following code will be executed:

var loader = dhtmlxAjax.getSync(“php/process.php?” + encodeURI(document.getElementById(‘params’).value));
alert(“Request Sent”);

The alert appears.

If the problem is not solved, please attach dhtmlxcommon.js that you are using.