dhtmlxCombo on v4 or later uses POST but v3.6 uses GET

Hi

I have an issue with dhtmlxCombo using enableFilteringMode. My code looks like this:

function loadSuppliers() {
       dhtmlXSupplierCombo = dhtmlXComboFromSelect("supplier");
 	    dhtmlXSupplierCombo.enableFilteringMode(true, "pageVRD.vrd?session=d48o0qdvj27aflrqptuwt0rzhfeatnhf&page=poEntry&formAction=getSuppliers",true,true);
}
dhtmlxEvent(window,"load",loadSuppliers);
var dhtmlXLocationCombo;
function loadLocations() {
 	dhtmlXLocationCombo = dhtmlXComboFromSelect("location");
 	dhtmlXLocationCombo.enableFilteringMode(true, "pageVRD.vrd?session=d48o0qdvj27aflrqptuwt0rzhfeatnhf&page=poEntry&formAction=getLocations",true,true);
}
dhtmlxEvent(window,"load",loadLocations);

With the above code, in v4.02. As soos as I type in the combobox I get Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘documentElement’ of null(…) on dhtmlx.js:411

The issue is the request is coming through to the server but with a POST and not a GET.
It should be a GET.
My question is how can I change the enableFilteringMode to do a GET instead of a POST? Also why is it doing a POST in v4.02 where in v3.6 it was a GET?

I have tried adding
dhx.ajax.method = “get”;
and
window.dhx4.ajax.method = “get”;

But that is not changing the POST to a GET request.

Thanks

Which version of dhtmlxCombo you are using ?

The initial release of dhtmlxCombo 4.0 really have used POST for data loading, but starting from 4.1 it was reverted back to using GET mode by default. In latest version you can control the data loading mode by using dhx4.ajax.method

I am using 4.0.2.

I have tried setting the method to GET but without success. Is the code below correct?

<script type="text/javascript">
dhx4.ajax.method = "get";
var dhtmlXSupplierCombo;
function loadSuppliers() {
 	dhtmlXSupplierCombo = dhtmlXComboFromSelect("supplier");
 	dhtmlXSupplierCombo.enableFilteringMode(true, "pageVRD.vrd?session=kn4r8ge7w4pe1cbuzjlweb5z45j8v4f9&page=poEntry&formAction=getSuppliers",true,true);
}// end of load suppliers 

You need to update at least to 4.1
The 4.0 version is the only one where POST behavior is hardcoded and can’t be changed.