Dhtmlxcombo use autocomplete without auto selection?

I would like to be able to use the autocomplete feature of dhtmlxCombo without having it automatically fill in the value in the combo box with the first matching entry. I find that in this mode if the user types too fast what they are entering can get messed up because when the autocomplete fills in the combo box string it selects the relevant text, if they keep typing without noticing they can end up with a string which is a mixture of what they type and what has been auto filled in.

I need the user to be able to enter text in the combo box because they may be creating a new value that does not match any of the select list, but I would prefer it if the drop down box would list the matched values but not enter that information into the combo box, so the user would have the option of typing in a new value without any auto matching or selecting a value from the drop-down box. I can’t use straight filtering because I want to have the database lookup feature so that I don’t need to pre-load long lists of values and so that my script can do intelligent searches of the possible matches.

I guess what I am asking for is filtering with database lookup but no autocomplete. Is that possible?

Hi
Read this topic: it will answer your question.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16576#p55540

Hi,
did you solve your issue? I’ve the same problem and i don’t know who to solve it…

Did you check the the linked topic?
the following code works well for me:

myCombo = new dhtmlXCombo("combo_zone", "combo", 230);
			myCombo.disableAutocomplete();
			myCombo.enableFilteringMode(true, "../common/complete.php", false, false);

If it didn’t help you could you please, clarify your problem in details