dhtmlxcombo

I’m using dhtmlxcombo inside the grid and replace a column with a combobox like this:

combotopo = mygrid.getColumnCombo(3);
combotopo.setOptionHeight(320);
combotopo.enableFilteringMode(true);
combotopo.loadXML(“xmlcombo.php”);

The column is originally filled with id’s from a database. The id is then replaced by the combobox with the assigned values loaded from an xml source which works great. Instead of 1,2 or 3 I see Cat, Dog and Parrot.

Now I want to add a new row and start with an empty value (in the database I use id ‘0’ with an empty field. When I add the new row all is fine, but if I reload the grid, the data is loaded from the database and instead of showing an empty field is shows a zero ‘0’. When I click the zero the combobox works normally. I still don’t like the zeroes in the field, can these be replaced by a white space or just an emtpy string upon reloading the page?

If I set id 0 to string text ‘None’ then I can’t see anything else in the combobox except ‘None’. That’s not the behavior I’m looking for. It should either ignore the word ‘None’ or show an empty field and the combobox should display all options.

Or is it also possible instead of filtering down the number of options, to select the option as you type in the input field? That would help too.

Could you please help?

Unfortunately your issue is not clear.
Please, provide the sample of init and reloading of your grid.

Or is it also possible instead of filtering down the number of options, to select the option as you type in the input field? That would help too.

You may try to use autocomplete mode.
Please, have a look at the third column in the following sample:
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … combo.html