dhtmlxContextMenu / safari

Hi,

I have some problems with the contextMenu handling under safari os/x.

As soon as the context menu opens, the mouseover does not highlight the menuitems and any submenus do not open.

But whenever I click an item without a submenu (holding down the mouse button), move the mouse out of the context menu area and then release the mouse button, then the context menu handling is ok when I again move the mouse over the menuitems.

This can easily be checked with the dhtmlxMenu samples on your website: Open the dhtmlxMenu “building contextmenu from script” sample, then open the right frame of the sample in a new browserwindow/tab - and after that, the menuhandling is as described above.

Regards, Achim

The Safari on MacOS handle right click in special way, so the focus moved out from the window after right click. There is no way to workaround issue, but on MacOs you can use Ctrl-click to open context menu ( which is native way for Mac ), in such case it will work without any problems.

Thank you for your answer.
But why does the contextMenu example works when it is in a framewindow ?
- works: dhtmlx.com/docs/products/doc … ?type=smpl
- does not work:http://www.dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxMenu/samples/context_menu/context_bulding_script.html?un=1210772357000

The ctrl-click opens the native safari context menu - not the dhtmlx context menu. Do I have to change my javascript ?

Achim

The ctrl-click opens the native safari context menu
    Latest version of js file attached to post, you can try to use it instead of original one, but the mentioned functionality was implemented a lot ago
    The ctrl-click will work on any MacOs browser ( please beware that Safari for Win will not react on ctrl-click )

>>But why does the contextMenu example works when it is in a framewindow ?
    While testing from our side the right-click opening not works correctly in both cases and ctrl-click works correctly , while using Safari for Mac

dhtmlxmenubar_cp.zip (2.75 KB)