DHTMLXGRID cookie saving problem (Elaborated AGAIN).

Quoted from the ORIGINAL question, please read thoroughly before answering this time.

i have tested this with both firefox & ie, and have completley turned off any form of i.e. cookie security so i’m confident its not that.

i am not running any type of resident cookie virus / spam protection, websites store cookies for me without a problem but your component is not storing them for longer than a session which is a problem.

[SECOND QUESTION]

I asked this same question yesterday but i guess i wasnt specific enough.

as you read the following question you will see that the settings DO save AND load between page refreshes in the same session “they do however work if i just refresh the page without closing the browser.” so i am already using the autoload methods for each. as stated they do not unfortunatley get recalled if i close the browser then re-visit the page (FF & IE) even if i disable all cookie security.

thanks again for your help.

[ORIGINAL QUESTION]

Settings such as

enableAutoSizeSaving()

enableSortingSaving()

enableOrderSaving()

enableAutoHiddenColumnsSaving()

do not save between sessions (i.e. change width of column, close browser, go back to page, setting not loaded anymore).

they do however work if i just refresh the page without closing the browser.

i have tested this with both firefox & ie, and have completley turned off any form of i.e. cookie security so i’m confident its not that.

thank you for your help,

Jeff.

Settings such as … do not save between sessions
By default component use session’s cookies, but it can be controlled by second parameter of mentioned methods.
enableAutoSizeSaving(name,cookie_param)
name - custom cookie name
cookie_param - this data will be added to cookie and may contain custom expire date

grid.enableAutoSizeSaving(“some_name”,“expires=Fri, 31-Dec-2010 23:59:59 GMT”);

if expire date defined, cookie will not be deleted after browser closing.