dhtmlxGrid - date/time filter

Hey Guys,

I am looking to add a date/time cell to my rows within the grid. Does the grid support date/time format? I have seen date format but nothing on date/time?

Also, if there a way I can attach a header that allows me to filter a date range (i.e. two input fields linked to a calendar) based on the cell?

Rgds,

Ritchie.

Does the grid support date/time format?
Unfortunately dhtmlxGrid doesnt support date\time format.
>> if there a way I can attach a header that allows me to filter a date range
There is no inbuild functionality but you can implement custom filter using filterBy() method. Please see more information here dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxG … #grid_cexc

Ok thanks for your swift response.

I do think it would be a great addition to support date/time cell in grid and also, if possible’ to have an inbuilt filter function which allows for the filter of a date range on that cell. I’ll try and do some kind of workaround but do you think this functionality would ever be considered developing?

Rgds,
Ritchie.

P.S. Does the dhtmlxCalendar support time feature?

do you think this functionality would ever be considered developing
Data\time functionality will be included in the next dhtmlxGrid/dhtmlxCalendar version.

Ok thats great to hear…when is the next release date for grid/calendar scheduled?

The release is planed on the end of July

Hi, I would like to know if the date filtering has been implemented in the grid.

I see that it supposed to be implemented in the 2009 july release, we are now in end of June 2010 and I can’t find any detail about this feature.

Thx for your help.

Fred

Discussed functionality was not included in dhtmlxGrid 2.5
There are too many scenarious how such kind of filter can be used and pretty impossible to create an universal GUI.

Custom GUI, with calendar, can be used to call grid.filterBy with custom filtering method, to implement filtering by date.

Perhaps this can be revisited. It seems like having a control that can handle is/equals, before, after and between is generic and versatile enough to handle most people needs and if that is not the case then the custom route would be advised.

Unfortunately the situation with the date filter is still the same.