dhtmlxGrid - how to add combox to a grid through addRow meth

I am new to this dhtmlx space… i went through other posts and found few ways of populating the combobox. but still i am not clear how to add it through addRow method.

If i am not wrong, we can add values for the combobox as follows -

assuming i hv four columns and third column is a checkbox and the last column is simple selectbox(type “coro”)

mygrid.addHeader(“Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4”);

mygrid.setColTypes(“ro,ro,ch,coro”);

var z = mygrid.getCombo(columnIndex);

z.put(“key”,value")

mygrid.addRow(1,[‘xxx’,‘xxx’,‘0’,?],1);

what should i put in the place of ? in the above addRow method? and how do i set the state of selectbox.

Kindly help me out at the earliest

You need to provide the “key” as value of addRow command, grid will locate related value and render its in HTML view.
If there is no value related to key , key will be used as value.

mygrid.addRow(1,[‘xxx’,‘xxx’,‘0’,‘key’],1);
   => xxx | xxx | 0 | value
mygrid.addRow(1,[‘xxx’,‘xxx’,‘0’,‘not_existing_key’],1);
   => xxx | xxx | 0 | not_existing_key

>>and how do i set the state of selectbox.

In any moment of time you can set value of cell by
In case of selectbox (co|coro)
    grid.cells(i,j).setValue(‘key’);   == >  will render ‘value’ in HTML
    grid.cells(i,j).setValue(‘not_existing_key’);   == >  will render ‘not_existing_key’ in HTML

thanks for the sooner response.

1. By ‘state of the selectbox’, i meant, how to enable or disable the selectbox?
2. if we add values to the combo as specified earlier, the whole column contains the same list of values in the combo. I need to have different values in each row. Can this be done?

Waiting for ur response. thanks…

adding to the above, i found tht combobox.getCustomCombo(rowId,colIndex) can be used to have different values in each row.
But I guess this is available only with the latest edition. if i use the pro edition js,  i get a javascript error “_isIE undefined”…what to do?

sorry…tht script error was due to my mistake…i missed a script file to be included.
getCustomCombo() worked fine. I am just not able to figure out how to enable or disable combobox

1. By ‘state of the selectbox’, i meant, how to enable or disable the selectbox?
    If you need to disable|enable for some specific cell
        grid.cells(i,j).setDisabled(true);
        grid.cells(i,j).setDisabled(false);

>>2.
    if we add values to the combo as specified earlier, the whole column
    contains the same list of values in the combo. I need to have different
    values in each row. Can this be done?
    Supported starting from dhtmlxgrid 1.5

mygrid.addRow(1,[‘xxx’,‘xxx’,‘0’,?],1);

var z = mygrid.getCustomCombo(1,columnIndex); // 1 - row ID

z.put(“key1”,value1") // values specific for row 1 , will not be shown for any other row

>> if i use the pro edition js,  i get a javascript error “_isIE undefined”…what to do?
    This is pretty strange because _isIE global constant which must be available with any version of grid, please be sure that while including js files in page dhtmlxcommon.js included before other files.
    If necessary I can provide code of getCustomCombo method it can be incorporated in previous version of grid ( 1.4 )

state of a selecbox is working fine…thanks…