dhtmlxGrid server side tutorial issues

Newbie here.

Are there any know issues with the tutorial - htmlxGrid . Work with the Server Side application?

docs.dhtmlx.com/tutorials__dhtml … index.html

I have had some success but can’t insert new rows.

The Delete Row work works, and I can update existing record on the grid and updates are reflected MySQL db (all local).

The Add Row appears to work on the grid (but stays BOLD) and does not get inserted to the database.

I ran the SQL to create the tables and no problems.
I remove auto-increment and tried hardcoding id but not working.

Before I start posting code, I thought I would ask if there are any known configuration items I should have made.

Thx,

Check the server side response after the insert operation

The Add Row appears to work on the grid (but stays BOLD)
When row stays bold it means that it didn’t receive the valid response from the server side and still awaits the data saving.

The most common problem with insert operation - missing auto increment for the ID column.

For xmass, this problems is fixed :smiley:

The tutorial tables “books” has 5 columns - id, title, author, quantity and price.
The tutorial code only uses 4 of the columns - id, title, quantity and price.

Once I added the missing ‘author’ field to the grid and the php program, the addRow worked find. I think I read some document that 1:1 cardinality is how render_table works. Correct?

Do you have samples of render_complex_sql for insert purposes? There are many db server updates that do not have 1:1 inserts (guess I could comply with constraint, and updates seem fine with render_table).

Cheers,

If you need to have a custom sql processed for insert ( or any other operation ) you can use server side events

docs.dhtmlx.com/connector__php__ … ide_events
docs.dhtmlx.com/connector__php__ … event.html
docs.dhtmlx.com/connector__php__ … event.html

or custom sql
docs.dhtmlx.com/connector__php__ … m_quieries

The columns from client side grid are mapped to the columns in the render_column command in the same order. So it most cases you will want to have the same columns in the client side grid as in the render_table command ( though this is not mandatory )

Thanks, I expect I’ll need to use the custom SQL feature once I start working with normalize table structures.