dhtmlxMenu ContextMenu 2.0 various bugs

Hey guys,

I’ve noticed several bugs in the new version of dhtmlxMenu rendered as a contextMenu :

1- ContextMenu does’nt capture properly right-click event on a mac (FF3.0,Safari,SeaMonkey) as It shows custom contextMenu AND browser’s contextMenu. Previous version (v1.6) correctly cancels browser’s event in order to show only custom contextMenu.

2- ContextMenu, when asked to be shown, in a page with a vertical scrollbar, appears not in the right place. Indeed, it seems that the contextMenu box is offseted by scrollbar position.

I know that the second bug is known and a fix is on his way.

What about the first one ? It’s rather urgent as most of my applications use that component and half of my users are mac users.

Thanks for your attention.

N. Darques.

Hello,

Context Menu is okay on Mac/Safari. Such problem was in Opera but it was fixed by using Ctrl+LClick.

After more tests and compared with dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxT … _menu.html, I came to conclusion that it’s more tricky than It looks at first.

Bug 1 was thoroughly spotted on severals mac (OS X Leopard ) with severals different browser (FF3.0, Safari, SeaMonkey) (cf attachment) when it is attached to a TREEGRID component.
Attached to TREE component, it works flawlessly.
Previous version of the same component (v1.6) was perfectly working, so I guess it’s not a error in the init script.

What about bug 2 ? Should I ask support (and provide my client number) to get a  fix ?

There was no changes in part of code which controls menu initialization, so grid must work exactly the same as in previous version.

Working sample sent by email, please check is it works correctly for you or also problematic. If problem not occurs for provided sample, please provide some demo link or sample where issue can be reconstructed.

Sample tested and Bug 1 is not present.
Thing is, main difference between my code and sample is :

<body onresize=“return true;”  oncontextmenu=“return false;”>

Which means that browser’s contextmenu is globally Off.
Sample modified (<body onresize=“return true;”>) demonstrates again Bug 1.

Interesting workaround for now, but obviously not a very good thing.

Hello,

Any chance to go back to old behavior then ?
What about bug 2 ?

ContextMenu, when asked to be shown, in a page with a vertical scrollbar, appears not in the right place. Indeed, it seems that the contextMenu box is offseted by scrollbar position.
Issue already fixed in latest build
dhtmlx.com/docs/news/index.shtml?show=35

>>Sample modified () demonstrates again Bug 1.
Regression confirmed and fixed.

Fixed js file which contain both fixes sent by email.

Issue already fixed in latest build : dhtmlx.com/docs/news/index.shtml?show=35
Issue seems to be corrected only with a contextMenu attached to a Tree component.
Issue spotted in every Treegrid component I’m using (FF3.0).

>> Regression confirmed and fixed. Fixed js file which contain both fixes sent by email.
Thanks a lot. Waiting for it.

is Issue confirmed with treegrid ?

Grid and TreeGrid uses the same codebase for context menu handling, and both works correctly in local samples ( there was issue in build 81009, but it was fixed in both tree and grid in latest build )

Grid and TreeGrid uses the same codebase for context menu handling, and
both works correctly in local samples ( there was issue in build 81009,
but it was fixed in both tree and grid in latest build ).
I’ve tested this sample : dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxG … _menu.html and It’s still bugged.

See attachment images for reproducing.

Problem confirmed and fixed, updated js file sent by email

Fix tested, bug resolved.
Thanks for your, as always, dedicated support.