dhtmlxmenu - how to show submenu arrows?

How can I get the arrows from the skin file to display when the item contains a submenu? Is there a setting I need to activate? Or is this based in my external xml file?

Cheers,

Russell

Hello,

the path to images is defined in the css file. For example in case of dhx_blue skin (dhmtlxmenu_dhx_blue.gif):

div.dhtmlxMenu_dhx_blue_SubLevelArea_ArrowUp div.dhtmlxMenu_dhx_blue_SubLevelArea_Arrow {
background-image: url("…/imgs/dhxmenu_dhx_blue/dhtmlxmenu_arrow_up.gif");
}
div.dhtmlxMenu_dhx_blue_SubLevelArea_ArrowUp_Over div.dhtmlxMenu_dhx_blue_SubLevelArea_Arrow {
background-image: url("…/imgs/dhxmenu_dhx_blue/dhtmlxmenu_arrow_up_over.gif");
}
div.dhtmlxMenu_dhx_blue_SubLevelArea_ArrowUp_Disabled div.dhtmlxMenu_dhx_blue_SubLevelArea_Arrow {
background-image: url("…/imgs/dhxmenu_dhx_blue/dhtmlxmenu_arrow_up_dis.gif");
}

Thanks Alex, unfortunately the drop down arrows still don’t seem to be appearing, there isn’t even a broken image appearing, just simply not at all. I can get the icons on the left to appear no problem, but not the submenu arrows on the right. Is there a setting somewhere to enable them?

Please, take a look at the attached sample. Possibly it’ll allow to resolve the issue.

If the problem still occurs, please provide the sample where we will have an opportunity to re-create it

1248691026.zip (40.6 KB)

Ah OK, I think I see where the problem lies now.

The arrows work fine in the submenus, but how do I get them to appear in the top level buttons of the menu bar? For example, an arrow which points downwards to denote that there is a drop down menu within the top level item.

Thanks for your help so far!

Menu doesn’t support arrows for top-level items.

You can try to add the necessary image with the item text as html:

Ah OK, no worries.

Thanks for your help Alex :slight_smile: