dhtmlxMenu version 2.1 problem

I’m having a problem initiating a menu. I have the include files in the head:

and the CSS file

The error is “object expected”, line 644 character 2 (I’m using the js file in the source directory - It errors in the same place if I use the one in the codebase directory, just gives a different line number).

line 644 is :     dhtmlxEventable(this);

I need a way to create the menu on the top of an ASPX page. I’m using visual studio 2005 and C#. I looked through the documentation and saw that you could populate the menu through an XML string, but didn’t see an example. Is this still possible? If not, how would you go about populating the menu using C#? Thanks!

Robert Lewis

hello,

probably you use some old version of dhtmlxcommon.js. Please use dhtmlxcommon.js from the same package as dhtmlxmenu.js

Yeah, sorry…I noticed that about 2 minutes after I posted.  I finally got the menu to work.

I need a way to create the menu on the top of an ASPX page. I’m using visual studio 2005 and C#. I looked through the documentation and saw that you could populate the menu through an XML string, but didn’t see an example. Is this still possible? If not, how would you go about populating the menu using C#? Thanks!

Robert Lewis

Hello,

yes, it is possible to load from xml string

menu.loadXMLString(xml_string);

Also you can use loadXML method. You can generate xml stream using any server-side technology (Content-Type should be text/xml):

menu.loadXML(path_to_script);