dhtmlxScheduler 3.5 Beta version [New White skin included!]

Hi,

I like to select a period over multiple days by simple mouse select.
Is it possible to select a new event period by mouse over multiple days with a specific start and end time?

For example:
I like to select a period from the 8th of May 14:00 hour until 10th of May 14:00 hour by: clicking 14:00 hour at the 8th of May and dragging the mouse to 14:00 hour at the 10th of May.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Sybren de Hartog

Hello,

Unfortunately for now such use case is not supported.
If that is critical for your application please contact us - sales [at] dhtmlx.com, maybe this can be customized for you.

Kind regards,
Ilya

Hi,

I have some questions. I appreciate it if they are answered. :bulb:
I’m interested to purchase the commercial license. Before that:

• Is there going to be a 3.5 version plugin for Joomla? or Can I use this package and replace all the files on the current installed plugin in Joomla?

• Can request customizations for:
    1- Limiting the number of events each user creates (for day or week or month)
    2- Set limits for the length of events scheduled. like Max 2 hours etc.

Thanks

Hello,

There will be such version, can’t say anything on timeframe though. You can update files but new options and features won’t magically appear in the backend.

We provide services to develop and implement custom solution. If you are interested please email us - sales[at]dhtmlx.com

Best regards,
Ilya

As for scheduler 3.5 for Joomla and WP - most probably it will be released in October 2012 ( will include all fixes and support for the new skin )

Both can be created with existing API ( quite a lot of coding, but no changes in scheduler’s code required )

(1) There is an api which allows to get all events, so you can assign custom code to new event creation, check already created events for current user and block event creation if necessary.

(2) Similar to above it possible to attach custom code to onEventCreated and from it modify end date of event if necessary.

As was mentioned above, you can contact sales@dhtmlx.com, and ask about custom development.

I’m having an issue with the confirm popup triggering a javascript error while using the debug version of the scheduler.

You can try to reproduce this error simply by replacing the dhtmlxscheduler.js by the dhtmlxscheduler_debug.js in the first sample (01_basic_init).

I forgot to mention that this problem happen when clicking on the trash icon to delete an event

Problem confirmed.
Final version of Scheduler 3.5 will be released in few days, it will contain fix for above issue
if you need it ASAP - add on page js file from jsMessage library (dhtmlx.github.com/message/) , it is missed in debug build

thanks

I’m not getting a date in the GUI next to the arrows/Today links when using map view. It’s just blank. Is anyone else experiencing this? I’ve tried w/ the sample code and I get the same issue.

Also, there’s no events loading in the table in map view, while there are in the other views.

Map view is similar to Agenda view, it show list of oncoming events starting from current date.
You can use

scheduler.config.map_start
scheduler.config.map_end

To define visible range of events, by default it is set to 1 year from current date.

scheduler.config.map_start = new Date();
scheduler.config.map_end = scheduler.date.add(new Date(), 1, "year");

Hello

i found a bug. I use the version dhtmlxScheduler_3.5_Beta_20120808

when i try to add a new event, the save button trigger an error on dhtmlxscheduler_limit.js file.
i am using latest firefox, chrome, ie stable versions and the same happens

1. i wonder if it is possible to highlight whole cell (both the dhx_month_head and dhx_month_body) with the same color ? i studied your example 09_api/07_highlighted_timespans_month_view.html
    but only the body of each cell i can highlight.

best regards, Panos
bug.7z (1.3 KB)

Hello,

1. We expect you to have time section in lightbox
  2. addMarkedTimespan won’t highlight header. If you really need to put background or customize it you will need to use templates.

Best regards,
Ilya

Ilya, you have totally right
Thank you very much

I’m also using the current 3.5 version

dhtmlxscheduler_touch.css is no longer available.

The lightbox is absolutely not working in this release when using a touch device (android in this case)