dhtmlxTabber in dhtmlxLayout

hi,

We have licensed dhtmlx version components2.0.

I am using 3J dhtmlXLayout, i have few questions

1. My UI is divided into common header with rest of the screen i am using 3J dhtmlxlayout - As soon as i load 3 diff. pages in 3 layout my application common header was frozen . When i debug, i saw that control is going to dhtmlxlayout.js and control is not coming back. here is the code

dhxLayout = new dhtmlXLayoutObject(“myID”, “3J”);

dhxLayout.setEffect(“resize”, false);

dhxLayout.setEffect(“collapse”,false);

dhxLayout.setEffect(“highlight”,false);

dhxLayout.cells(“a”).hideHeader();

dhxLayout.cells(“a”).setWidth(150);

dhxLayout.cells(“a”).setHeight(150);

dhxGrid=dhxLayout.cells(“a”).attachGrid();

dhxGrid.setImagePath("/dhtmlxgrid/codebase/imgs/");

dhxGrid.setHeader(“screens”);

dhxGrid.setInitWidths("*");

dhxGrid.setColTypes(“link”);

dhxGrid.setInitWidths(“150”);

dhxGrid.setColAlign(“left”);

dhxGrid.setSkin(“light”);

dhxGrid.attachEvent(“onRowSelectHandler”,doOnRowSelected);

dhxGrid.init();

dhxGrid.loadXMLString(“application.XML”);

dhxLayout.cells(“c”).setText(“DashBoard”);

dhxLayout.cells(“b”).hideHeader();

dhxLayout.cells(“b”).attachURL(addressURL);

2. I dont want to allow to resize the Layout…meaning like html frames i want to make it non movable.

3. if you see in the layout “a” i am attaching a grid control, when user select the grid element i want to create a new tab in layout b

(i need to attach a tabber in layout b) - but how to add N number of Tabs as and when user select an entry in the layout a. What if the tab is already open for the grid element. how to findout is that screen open or not ?

4. I saw one example under DHTMLX samples

dhtmlxLayout\samples\components\tabbar.html…which is tab elements are predefined one …i need dynamic tabs

I hope the info. which i am providing is enough to resolve the issue.

>> My UI is divided into common header with rest of the screen i am using 3J dhtmlxlayout - As soon as i load 3 diff. pages in 3 layout my application common header was frozen . When i debug, i saw that control is going to dhtmlxlayout.js and control is not coming back.

Could you, please, provide the details about this issue ?

>> I dont want to allow to resize the Layout…meaning like html frames i want to make it non movable.

There is fixSize method. It allows to disable cell resizing. Please, see the sample:

dhtmlxLayout/samples/conf/fixsize.html

>> if you see in the layout “a” i am attaching a grid control, when user select the grid element i want to create a new tab in layout b

There is onSelectStateChanged event in grid. You can set a handler for this event which will add new tab:

grid.attachEvent(“onSelectStateChanged”,function(rowId){

tabbar.addTab(tabId,tabText,tabWidth);

})

>> I saw one example under DHTMLX samples

You can use addTab method as described above. The sample is: dhtmlxTabbar/samples/tabs_manipulations/tab_addremoveM.html