dhtmlXtree: avoiding use of icons

I am trying to see if having no icons or less icons increase load or expand/collapse performance. I have several questions/issues…

1) I was trying to see if there was any way to have no icon for the lead items, and only an icon for the folder icons. Is this possible? Again, my purpose is to reduce the number of icons that are part of the displayed tree, so I don’t want to reference a blank icon.

2) Can you tell me if calling tree.enableTreeLines(false) actually eliminates the image files used to draw the lines, or does it use blank image files instead? I am looking for a way to avoid using any type of graphic file (even a blank one) for the lines.

3) I tried the following code:

tree.enableTreeImages(false);

tree.enableTreeLines(false);

tree.enableTextSigns(true);

I wanted to see if performance was improved by this, assuming that by calling these 3 functions above, no image files would be used. Well, I have customized the CSS so that the tree items have a 10 point font, and when the tree is displayed in a Sharepoint page, the text signs are displayed fine, but I can see the edge of the folder icon between the text sign and the item’s text. Can you verify that the code above is correct and that icons should not be used at all?

1. I was trying to see if there was any way to have no icon for the
    lead items, and only an icon for the folder icons. Is this possible?
    There is no way to remove images for specific items only.

>>2) Can you tell me if calling tree.enableTreeLines(false) actually eliminates the image files used to draw the lines
    Only partially, the space next to the item still be rendered as blank image.

>>3) I tried the following code:

To remove all images, one more command is necessary
        tree.enableTreeImages(false);

tree.enableTreeLines(false);

tree.enableTextSigns(true);

tree.enableCheckBoxes(false)

>>
    Can you verify that the code above is correct and that icons should not be used at all?
    The code is correct, it must be used before loadXML command ( or any other command which adds items ) - in case of local tests, result tree doesn’t contain any image tags at all.