dhtmlXtree: understanding the width parameter sent to enable

When I used enableMultiLineItems, this is what I see: the parameter passed to enableMultiLineItems() seems to represent the width that each each item’s text is restricted to. I have a tree displayed in a 350 pixel wide DIV with overflow:auto. What I’d really like to is have the tree use the maximum space possible without ever needing a horizontal scroll bar to appear. I know that the maximum number of levels in my tree will be 6 levels deep.

When I call enableMultiLineItems(“150px”), I get a horizontal scroll bar when expanding to the 6th level. The odd thing is that the text for the 6th level is wrapped such that there is a large amount of blank space between the right edge of the 6th level text and left edge of the DIV that the tree is hosted in (so the 350 pixel are for the tree is not being fully used). I don’t understand why the horizontal scroll bar is even being displayed, since there’s nothing that is out of view.

Could you please provide guidance in how to set up the tree so that I can make full use of the 350 pixel area while never getting a horizontal scroll bar?

There are two ways
a) use percent based width
    tree.enableMultiLineItems(“95%”);

b) you can disable horizontal scrolling at all
    tree.allTree.style.overflowX=“hidden”;

>>I don’t understand why the horizontal scroll bar is even being displayed, since there’s nothing that is out of view.
    This is based on used css styling, it has some paddings, which can trigger horizontal scroll in IE, when data actually may be shown without scrolls.