Dhtmlxvault - Internal Server Error - xmlHttp.status = 500

Hi, I’m trying to use dhtmlxvault with ASP.NET | Open-source web framework for .NET. At my localhost it works (but the files are badly uploaded), but when I try to upload files in a remote server I get the error 500 when the script tries to connect with the getIdHandler.ashx at the startRequest dhatmlxvault script function.
XmlHttp.status is returned with value 500, meaning it’s an internal server error.

How can I fix this error??? The folder is actually using asp.net 2.0/3.5 framework version.

In another way, the files are being uploaded with lesser quality or corrupted, and the multiple file upload does not upload the entire list of files (all this in my localhost). Why is this happening??

I hope u can help me with this.

Greetings!!

Help help help please!!!

Should it be a web.config configuration??? ahhhh I’m really crazy with this. I can use dhtmlxvault in php with no problems, but I really need it working on asp.net.

Any idea could be usefull.
Greetings!!!

What is your remote server configuration parameters - OS, .Net framework used (2.0 or 3.5). I need this details to help you.

Hi, if you are using Win2008 server, then I know this issue. We have just found a solution for this server. We will update our ASPX sample soon.

Here is the fix - http://forum.dhtmlx.com/download/file.php?id=2136

Hi, thx for the answers!!!

I’ve tried the solution, but It didn’t worked. Well, I have watched the server logs and I got this:

2010-05-13 03:28:38 POST /folder/folder_a/dhtmlxvault/handlers/aspx/GetIdHandler.ashx - My_Ip Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+6.0;+en-US)+AppleWebKit/532.5+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Chrome/4.1.249.1064+Safari/532.5 www.myHost.com 500 0 0 3306 593

Al the end of the log, I can read some the next (I have separated them by field):

sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status sc-bytes cs-bytes
500 0 0 3306 593

The first one coresponds to the value returned (xmlhttp.status = 500), but I don’t know what’s the meaning of the others.

In another way, files are still being uploaded wrong, images are very corrupted :frowning:

Thx again for the answers, I hope u keep trying to help me, jaja, to get this great tool get better.

All my greetings!!!
Juan Pablo

Well, i do not know your details - what is your remote server configuration parameters - OS, .Net framework used (2.0 or 3.5). I need this details to help you.
Also, 500 means server error, it seems you cannot even run the script on your server. Can you fix it yourself?

Well, It seems I can’t handle the ajax connection established by xmlHttp, so I’ll try to use Scripmanager to do so and replace the actual method, I’ll post if I get the problem solved

:slight_smile:

The details of the remote host:

.NET Framework version is 2.0 with 3.5 extensions

IIS 7.5 windows server 2008 R2

Security lvl Medium trust

Well, It seems the xmlHttp var is getting the problem when are used the open and send methods, maybe I should define a username and password in the xmlHttp.open(“POST”,this.pathGetIdHandler, false, “username”, “password”). What do u think??, when am I suppose to define those parameters???

Okay. What is this username and password for? Do you have some authentication on this page?

Well, I’ve already solved this problem ajajaja, after trying everything google told me to do ajajja

But it was just a stupid thing… I had forgot to erase the web.config file located inside handlers folder, this is just because I don’t use windows authentication, so the web.config used it, so my current user couldn’t open the getIdHandler (Current user was NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE)

K if u need more information of what other options did I tested, just write me :slight_smile:

Lot of thxs!!!
Juan Pablo

Thank you, now I understand the situation. Good to see it’s resolved.