Dhx.ajax.get in suite 7

in suite 5 i used dhx.ajax.getSync to query a db through a php script and to read the result i used xmlDoc.responseText

how to do in Suite7. i didn’t find nothing in suite7 documentation.

Thanks

There is no sync version of the get() method in the dhx.Ajax 7.
get() method can only be used in an async mode.
Though you get get the responseText from it:

Thank you Sematik. Some other questions please because It’s very difficult to change from 5 to 7 Suite. Everything is changed. Looking at the examples i build a page with a Sidebar but i don’t understand how to use the item cells, if there are.
There is the onclick event to intercept the selected item but, before, in 5 version i attached the various pages to the cells and now ? there is only one page ? have i to use views on the same page ? how to change from a view to another ? i didn’t find examples. the 5 version of sidebar seems to be deeply easier to use with its cells and documentation more complete. Can you help me ?

at the end. Is it possibile attach a layout to another layout something like this ?
layout.getCell(“main”).attach(layout_user)

Thanks

For now there is no need to create to create the specific views. In common you have a root layout with 2 cells (sidebar+content).
Clicking on proper item of the sidebar you can attach a needed content to a content cell using the attach() method.
Something like:
https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/g0lo1kv4

Is it possibile attach a layout to another layout something like this ?
layout.getCell(“main”).attach(layout_user)

Yes, you can attach any component (including a layout) to a layout cell

Ok Thanks. I thought something similar but there is a strange behaviour. If after configuring the layout i use the attachHTML method to show a logo as an “no sidebar selection page”, when i use the click event of siderbar to use the attach method, this last doesn’t run. the page returns blank. What’s the problem ? can’t i use attach and attachHtml methods one after the other ?

thanks for your patience.

In the snippet from the previous post your approach seem to work well:
https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/wuttnchd
If the problem still occurs for you could you please, provide a similar snippet, where the problem can be reconstructed?