dhxCalendar and dhxCalendarA Issue

Hi,

i have a problem with dhxCalendar and dhxCalendarA (dhtmlx 2.5 rel 2).

Using the previuos version (dhtmlxSuite_2009Rel1_pro_90226) everything was ok but now if i try to check via javascript cell value of dhxCalendarA cell it returns “” (empty string) everytime, so i can’t set a verificator for this cell. it happens also on the server side (date is everytime “” empty string) so i can’t save correctly data on DB;

I am using pro version.

I post my code:

<%@ page language=“java” contentType=“text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1”

pageEncoding=“ISO-8859-1”%>

<%@page import=“com.alisea.web.app.servlet.Constants”%>

Gestione Licenze

Licenze

<input type=“hidden” name=“index” value="<%=request.getAttribute(“index”)%>">

I am quite sure that is not my fault beacause with old version everything work.

Thank you for you help.

Jacopo.

Can you please provide sample of xml string which you are using. We tested “dhxCalendar” and “dhxCalendarA” cells with getValue() method and with setVerificator() dataProcessor’s method and everything work fine.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>prova08-09-2009111000
 Thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

“dhxCalendarA” cell’s value correctly passed to the validateEmptyCell() function. Please provide us complete example and steps to reproduce this issue.

Hi,
i dont know how to provide you a complete example because i am using tomcat with a web application and this issue is visible only on debug mode.
any tips?
thank you.
Jacopo.

i am sorry for double post but i have noticed that this issue happens only for new row and not when i edit an old one.
Jacopo

Hi,

I am experiencing what appears to be the same problem.  In my case, I am trying to retrieve values POSTed by the grid and am finding calendar values as empty strings.  Here are the symptoms:

1.  If the date field has a non-empty initial value, I can update it properly with the calendar and everything works as expected.

2.  If the date field is empty, the calendar pop-up works and puts a formatted date into the cell.  However, the value returned from the post is the empty string.

3.  Dates can be manually entered with good success (that is, by typing it into the field rather than using the calendar pop-up).

Hopefully this description will help you track it down.  I will continue my testing and will share an sample when I have one that clearly isolates the problem.

– Mike

Has this problem been solved? I am also having this issue.

I am having the same problem as well.

Thanks guys for the leads.

I start to put dummy data for the newly created rows as a work around:

myGrid.setCellExcellType(rowId, colIndex, ‘dhxCalendar’);

if(myGrid.cellByIndex(rowId, colIndex.getValue() == ‘’)
  myGrid.cellByIndex(rowId, colIndex).setValue(getFormattedDate(new Date()));

Just to confirm, I am also seeing this issue - using dhtmlxSuite_v25_pro_91111.zip, I don’t think this was an issue with the previous Pro Version?

sorry, my mistake, I wasn’t actually using the latest version. Please ignore.