Distributed Parsing doesnt work

Hi,

OK i have tried to test your distributed parsing with 500 tree items and it doesn’t work properly.

I have a tree that has 21 columns and 5000 rows. when i load the grid through xml and put the following lines of code i will explain the problems:

mygrid.enableDistributedParsing(true,1,10);

mygrid.loadXML("…/XML_Docs/XMLTest.xml");

when the grid first loads i open the folders and a folder has 1000 items in it. when i open this folder it is still loading which is good but then the rest of the items that it is still loading is being placed underneath the brothers and sisters of that folder for example:

lets say when i open the grid it has the following

folder 1

item 1

item 2

item 3

folder 2

folder 3

it then continues to load the items in folder 1 but displays them like this:

folder 1

item 1

item 2

item 3

folder 2

folder 3

item 4

item 5

item 6

therefore they appear to be loading underneath folder 3 but of course they should be getting loaded still under folder 1 and pushing the rest of the folders (folder 2 and 3) down as they are loading.

also when the folder that has 1000 items in it is collapsed while it is still loaded i get loads of errors, and the items that it is loading do not disappear they just appear under different folders.

also when i expand the folder with 1000 items in it, and then collapse this parents folder while the items are loading, the same thing happens the items loading still remain there even the folder is collapsed

from what i have seen, when the grid is fully loaded then everthing works fine but not when it is loading but of course the purpose of this function is so that the user does not have to wait until the items are fully loaded before opening and closing folders

also their is a problem with mygrid.enableSmartXMLParsing(true);

with the 5000 items it takes ages to load

please help me, i want to use the distributed parsing so surely you must have done a fix for this

thanks

richard

Distributed parsing not purposed to be used with hierarchical structures, it must be used with plain grids only.
( basically distributed parsing can be adopted to work with TreeGrid as well, but it will not have any performance benefits in such case )