Documentation on 'prototype'

Hi

I’ve just bought the full Suite and the documentation at various points mentions ‘prototype’ for various dhtmlx components. Please what is this concept of prototype and where can I find more documentation for it?

Thanks

Purvez

Can you point to the exact article in documentation?
prototype is a concept of javascript, not related to the library but to js language at all. None of main usage scenario require knowledge of js prototypes.

As with the normal shortcuts, statistics counters can be defined on prototype level, so all the instances of the grid will be affected:

dhtmlXGridObject.prototype._in_header_SOME=function(tag,index){

}

The above example is taken from ‘Implementing new types of Statistics Counters’ at the end of that section. There are other examples as well in the documentation. I did a search for the word ‘prototype’ and came up with 7 instances. Another such example is within dhtmlxFolders.prototype.drawPager().

The main reason I’m asking is because I want to create some standard template layouts e.g. with Co. Logo, menu bar, tool bar etc in set position and then apply that to all of the pages within my app. Also when I need to make a change to my standard layout then I don’t want to go separately to each page and make that change. Sort of like the ‘include’ function within HTML. I thought the ‘prototype’ function might allow me to do that. However if you know of any other way of doing the same thing then please explain.

Thanks

Purvez