double touch required on Android

I have created an app (in combination with Phonegap) and a browser version using mobile scheduler. If the browser version runs on a desktop (with mouse clicks) it works just fine. If I run it as app on Android or as website on an Android phone I have the following issue: when in month view clicking on a day with events the event line below the calendar get not always updated, they just stay as they were from the previous selected day - even though the newly selected day is market as selected. When touched a second time (or when double touched) the proper event line comes up, also when clicking on the still wrong event line the details for the right event come up. Also, when I select a day without event after having selected a day with event the event line does not get removed properly, only like half of it. Again, a second touch, or double touch in the first place, solves the issue. On iPhone/iPad the problem does not exist (at least not in a mobile browser, an app has not been created yet).

Any advice would be very welcome, as always.

Note: I have the issue on a Nexus S running Android 4.0.4, I do not have this issue on a Galaxy Spica, running Android 2.1

Hi,

we will investigate the issue and try to solve it.

Hello,

we have tested the scheduler on HTC running the same Android version - one click is needed. So, the problem is specific to a particular device, not to Android 4. We will continue investigation…

I have the same problem on my Nexus S, running 4.0.4.

Is there a resolution for this issue? I also have the same problem on Samsung Galaxy Tablet running Android 4.0.4. It works on the browser with the single touch, but double touch is required as a phonegap app.

I was able to do some more testing today. I see that Chrome browser works fine, but Android Internet browser exhibits the exact same behavior as the phonegap app. So the issue is how WebView handles the click events and touchstart events in the Mobile Scheduler.

tsivakad
Thu May 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Is there a resolution for this issue? I also have the same problem on Samsung Galaxy Tablet running Android 4.0.4. It works on the browser with the single touch, but double touch is required as a phonegap app.

The same with my tablet.