Drag and Drop Tree Item using Internet Explorer

I have implemented your dhtmlx tree and have been impressed with it. However, after completing my code in firefox, I have moved to IE and whenever I drag an item the mouse cursor icon changes to a ‘no’ symbol (circle with a line through it) and will not allow me to drop the node anywhere.

I did not see anything specific for the IE browser. Is there additional setup needed on my part? I’m hoping I just missed something.

Thank you for your help,

Hank

Which version of IE you are using?
Native d-n-d in tree must work for both text and images. If you are using custom drag-in ( d-n-d of some custom object in tree ) , the situation may be a bit more complex, which is used in your case?

I am using IE8 (on both XP and Vista) and I am using standard dnd (no overloaded mouse functions) with text nodes.  I have observed that when I pick up the text node using a left mouse click and then simultaneously click using the right mouse click, the ‘no’ (circle with line through it) will disappear and I am able to drop the node anywhere within the tree.

Thank you,
Hank

Unfortunately we still can’t detect the reason of the problem locally.

Is it occurs for the default samples or only in case of your custom code?
( for example - support@dhtmlx.com

Adding ‘tree.parentObject.ondragstart=function(e){   (e||event).cancelBubble=true; return false; }’ after initialization of the tree fixed the problem that I was having.  Thank you for your help.  Also, the ‘post answer’ alt text has a typo in it.

Thank you,
Hank