Drop-down is not working for IE8 but fine with other browser

Hi,

I am newbee to DHTMLX library. i found one issue in one of my project.

i have a dhtmlxgrid object on my page. which is having a treegrid, few text box and few drop down, please see the screen shot attached. The drop down filtering is working fine with Mozilla Firefox and Chrome but not on IE8. In screen shot i highlighted the “Project” drop down as an example.

For IE8 the user has to type in the drop-down and hit enter then only it filters the data accordingly.

below is the sample code where i am creating the grid object.

var mygrid;
mygrid.imgURL =“some-url-for-image”;
mygrid.setHeader(“Key,Rank,Summary,Components,Status,Reporter, OE, RE, BV,SP,Project”);
mygrid.setInitWidthsP(“10,8,27,7,6,8,7,7,5,5,10”);
mygrid.setColAlign(“left,left,left,left,left,left,left,left,left,left,left”);
mygrid.setColTypes(“tree,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro”);
mygrid.setColSorting(“str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,int,int,str”);
mygrid.setSkin(activeTheme);
mygrid.enableAutoHeight(true);
mygrid.enableSmartXMLParsing(true);
mygrid.setEditable(“false”);

mygrid.loadXML(“xyz.xml”);
mygrid.enableBlockSelection();
mygrid.enableColumnMove(true);
mygrid.enableColumnAutoSize(true);
mygrid.enableMultiline(true);
mygrid.enableHeaderMenu();
mygrid.enablePaging(true, 20, 10, “recinfoArea”);
mygrid.setPagingSkin(“bricks”);
mygrid.init();

thankx.

What type of filter are you using? select_filter or combo_filter? Working combo_filter example is available here dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … combo.html

Thanks Olga,
I am using “select_filter”. The link is for “combo_filter”. Now I got the solution for this, I used as “select_filter_strict” and this is working fine in IE8 as well, but I don’t know why that “select_filter” didn’t worked with IE8.

one more thing i would like to ask regarding filter selection: can you tell me that depending upon value selected in the filter is it possible to aggregate(sum) one column’s all value and display the sum on header? Is there any api provided by DHTMLXGrid object to aggregate the values as display them in the header?

I hope you would understand my req. If you want snap shot i could paste and explain it.

thanks in Adv.

can you tell me that depending upon value selected in the filter is it possible to aggregate(sum) one column’s all value and display the sum on header?
You can try to use #stat_total shortcut. Please find more information here docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … er_extra&s[]=shortcut#shortcuts

thank you very much…it worked.
:smiley: