dthmlxTabbar :: Inter-Tabbar Drag-And-Drop

Hi,

I’ve created two tabbars on my webpage using dhtmlxTabbar, which is a great product. Now I want to be able to drag items from Tab1 of Tabbar1 and drop them to Tab3 of Tabbar2. Is that somehow possible? For beginnig, I’ve just created an item to drag in Tabbar1/Tab1 and a drop area in Tabbar2/Tab3 by using a script from scriptaculous. But now, when I try to drag the item and pull it over to the drop area in the other tabbar, it disappears at the borders of the first tabbar and scrollbars appear. Is it possible to get this done? Thanks a lot!

Martin

The tabbar controls do not intercept mouse move events, so they must not cause any problems to d-n-d operation.
( d-n-d for tree|grid components works between different tabbars without significant problems )

Most probably the d-n-d script used in scriptaculous doesn’t work correctly with complex HTML layout of dhtmlxtabbar.
If problem still occurs for you - please provide any kind of sample where problem can be reconstructed.

Hi,

you wrote: “d-n-d for tree|grid components works between different tabbars without significant problems”.

Is it possible to extract the d-n-d components from the tree|grid files? I want to be able to drag items from a list (not a tree, though) in one tabbar, and when being dropped in another tabbar, an image shall pop up where the item has been dropped.

Thank you!

PS: Would you develop a tabbar version with integrated drag-and-drop feature? What would that cost?

Is it possible to extract the d-n-d components from the tree|grid files?
    Please check
        sales@dhtmlx.com