Dynamic filter in combobox OR xTree in xGrid=> how to use Ex

Hi,
I’m a happy user of a pro license of dhtmlxGrid.
I have a list of 400 items, being 50 to 100 characteres long. In my grid I want the user to choose an item in this list for each line. I modified the coro object to be wider and to display 30 lines instead of 6. But it is still not easy to use beacause of the size of the data.
I came up with two solutions but I don’t know which one is easier to implement and how to do it.
1. Filter with javascript : each new character typed by the user would narrow the list. For example, “C” will display all items including this letter but typing “H” afterwards will instantly update the list to include only the items including “CH” and so on…
2. As my data is organised in category and subcategory, a combo box or calendar-like popup filled with a dhtmlxTree (that I also used) would be a good solution too. But I don’t want drag and drop: just pop and click!
Thank you in advance for your ideas/code.

Laurent

>>1. Filter with javascript
Please contact us at dhtmlx@scand.com and provide you customer number - I can send you a sample of coro excell customized to work in such mode.

>>2. As my data is organised in category and subcategory, a combo box or calendar-like popup filled
While the way to implement such functionality is not complex, currently there is no such sample.