Editable Grid Area

Hi i am planning to use the dhtmlxgantt in my project.But one of the major requirements is an editable grid area wherein i can edit the tasks directly without having to open the lightbox. Is this possible via some customization wherein i can add and edit without having to use the lightbox as in grid editing ??

Hello,
currently it’s not supported. You can try to define a doubleclick handler of the task grid elements, and create a inline editor in a place of clicked cell when needed. When editing is finished you can update the related task using a public API
docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/api__gantt … event.html
docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/api__gantt_updatetask.html

I’ve created the inline editing functionality, as recommended by you (@Aliaksandr)
Updating the taskDuration, taskEndDate works fine, it updates both the GRID and TIMELINE view.
But updating taskTitle, just updates the GRID view, and the TIMELINE view is left untouched.
My gantt version is ‘3.1.1’

Hello,
that’s really unusual
I did a quick check on a demo docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/samples/01 … _init.html
executed this code in console - change text of the task and call update - everything seems to be changed as expected

gantt.getTask(3).text = "updated"; gantt.updateTask(3)
Can you please show a demo? you can send me a PM or open a ticket at support system