Enable/Disable drag/drop on node-by-node basis

Enable/Disable drag/drop on node-by-node basis

I appreciate we can revert things with the onDrag events, but can we stop the drag in the first place ?

Ie. 1st child nodes should not be draggable, but the siblings can be.

This links also into node-by-node drop enable/disable.

So in theory I could drop my sibling onto a certain enabled-for-drop child node, but not the root node or other sibling nodes.

If I try to drop a sibling onto another sibling (which would auto-create a new child/sibling relationship), then the mouse-cursor should be an X or something, and not let me drop there…

Does that make sense?

So I want to be able to rearrange (drag/drop) the siblings within the child, but not allow the sibling to be dropped onto another sibling.

Thanks!

a) You can block drop operation by onDragIn event ( it occurs when item dragged other potential drop target )

tree.attachEvent(“onDragIn”,function(sid,tid){
          if (some_condition)
             return false; //block drop
         return true; //allow drop
    });

b) There is no event for start of drag, but it can be done with code modification   

dhtmlxtree.js , line 3676
dhtmlXTreeObject.prototype._createDragNode=function(htmlObject,e){
      if (!this.dADTempOff) return null;
     var obj=htmlObject.parentObject;
      if (some_rule) return null;   << can be added here , obj.id == item ID

Thank you. Your code modification will do the trick !

Maybe I could mention a feature request for you to consider:

In the XML, we can add “nodrop” and “nodrag” on a node-by-node basis, if we wish to disable on certain nodes!

In the XML, we can add “nodrop” and “nodrag” on a node-by-node basis, if we wish to disable on certain nodes!
We plan to add something similar in next versions, because it is a really common use-case.