Event text doesn't update on client side

Hello,

When editing an event description, it saves properly to the database but does not update in the schedule as I expect it should. I am using Timeline View. Changing the start time/end time works fine. Is there a configuration that I am missing?

scheduler.locale.labels.timeline_tab = "Timeline"
scheduler.locale.labels.section_custom="Section";
scheduler.config.details_on_create=true;
scheduler.config.details_on_dblclick=true;
scheduler.config.xml_date="%Y-%m-%d %H:%i";
scheduler.config.prevent_cache = true;

// Configure start/stop times and minute intervals, probably want to make these admin options.
scheduler.config.first_hour = 6;
scheduler.config.last_hour = 23;
scheduler.config.time_step = 15;

var sections = scheduler.serverList("sections");
var jobs = scheduler.serverList("jobs");
var statuses = scheduler.serverList("statuses");

scheduler.createTimelineView({
    name:	"timeline",
    x_unit:	"minute",
    x_date:	"%H:%i",
    x_step:	15,
    x_size: 48,
    x_start: 32,
    x_length:	96,
    y_unit:	sections,
    y_property:	"USRUsers_ID",
    render:"bar"
});

scheduler.locale.labels.section_resources = "Field Users";
scheduler.locale.labels.section_jobs = "Job";
scheduler.locale.labels.section_statuses = "Status";

scheduler.config.lightbox.sections = [
    {name:"description", height:130, map_to:"Description", type:"textarea" , focus:true},
    {name:"statuses", height:23, type:"select", options:statuses, map_to:"PWPScheduledJobStatuses_ID" },
    {name:"jobs", height:23, type:"select", options:jobs, map_to:"PWPJobs_ID" },
    {name:"resources", height:23, type:"select", options:sections, map_to:"USRUsers_ID" },
    {name:"time", height:72, type:"time", map_to:"auto"}
];

Here is my server side code:

$DataFields = "StartDateTime,EndDateTime,Description,PWPJobs_ID,USRUsers_ID,PWPScheduledJobStatuses_ID";

if ($scheduler->is_select_mode()) {
            $DataFields .= ', Description, PWPJobs_ID';
            $SQL  = "SELECT PWPScheduledJobs.ID, $DataFields FROM PWPScheduledJobs LEFT OUTER JOIN PWPJobs ON PWPScheduledJobs.PWPJobs_ID = PWPJobs.ID ";

if ($a_FromDate != ''){
                $SQL .= " AND PWPScheduledJobs.StartDateTime >= '". $a_FromDate."'";
            }
            if ($a_ToDate != ''){
                $SQL .= " AND PWPScheduledJobs.EndDateTime <= '". $a_ToDate."'";
            }

//code for loading data
            $scheduler->render_sql($SQL, "ID", $DataFields);
        }
        else {
            //code for other operations - i.e. update/insert/delete
            $scheduler->render_table("PWPScheduledJobs","ID",$DataFields);
        }

Thank you!

Hello,
text input from your configuration is mapped to ‘Description’ property, when scheduler uses ‘text’ by default for displayed text of the event {name:"description", height:130, map_to:"Description", type:"textarea" , focus:true}, if you set map_to:“text”, events will be updated on the client as them supposed to {name:"description", height:130, map_to:"text", type:"textarea" , focus:true}, It should not require any changes on the server-side since connector interprets three first data fields as a start date, end date and event text respectively

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. The issue with that is that my database table has a column called Description for the description of the event. Is there a way to keep that column name and map it to the text field?

Thanks

Hi,
you can keep current column names, changing “map_to” to “text” should not cause any changes.
See connector initialization code $scheduler->render_table("PWPScheduledJobs","ID",$DataFields); for example $scheduler->render_table("PWPScheduledJobs","ID","StartDateTime,EndDateTime,Description,..."); first three columns(in your case it’s StartDateTime,EndDateTime,Description) are mapped to start/end time and primary text properties of the client-side event.
Connector send’s them to the client as start_date,end_date,text respectively, these are mandatory properties for the client-side scheduler. it means that “text” will be saved to “Description” column. The other data columns(that specified after “Description”) will be saved as they are defined