Export Issues in General and MS Project

Hello there,

First of all appreciate your work guys!

I am having two issues and these issues are also valid in your sample docs

See : Gantt : Samples

First:

Ms Project Export: The finish dates in the reports are always one day after the start day whatever the duration is.

Second:

Is there any way to avoid opening second about:blank page when i click to Export any format? The downloads are successfull but our QA team is not happy about it. I will be glad if there is any way to avoid this.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Ece,
Thank you for the positive feedback!

Ms Project Export: The finish dates in the reports are always one day after the start day whatever the duration is.

I don’t get the same issue when I try to export the data from the official sample:

It is true that the end_date is different in MS Project, but there is a reason for that. By default, Gantt doesn’t use calendars. If we use Task #2.2 as an example, its duration is 3. For Gantt it means 3 days. Without the working time, each day is 24 hours, so the task ends on 09 April at 00:00:00. For MS Project, the duration value is 3 working days, which is 24 hours. That’s why the task ends on 07 April at 00:00:00.

If you want to have the same dates in MS Project, you need to configure Gantt to work in a similar way. At least, you will need to enable the work_time config so that 1 working day will have only 8 hours:
https://docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/desktop__working_time.html

It is not clear why the Finish column has the same value for all tasks. Probably, the issue is related to the Gantt configuration, but it is hard to suggest what might be wrong as I don’t see your code.
Please add your configuration to the following snippet and make sure that the issue is reproduced there:
https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/07y8cn30

Then, click on the Save button and send me the link.
Or send me a ready demo with all the necessary JavaScript and CSS files so that I can reproduce the issue locally.

Is there any way to avoid opening second about:blank page when i click to Export any format? The downloads are successfull but our QA team is not happy about it. I will be glad if there is any way to avoid this.

Unfortunately, right now, Gantt doesn’t have that feature. The dev team will add it in the future, but I cannot give you any ETA.

For now, we need to modify the export API methods. One of the approaches is to save the request parameters in the JSON data, then manually send a request to the export server:

Another way is to use the callback function. When you use it, Gantt doesn’t open a new tab nor it returns a file. Instead, the file is saved on the export server, and you get a download link that you can use to manually download the file later.