Export to setNumberFormat values read as 0

Just upgraded to v35 and downloaded the latest pdf and excel exporters.

Numbers formatted with the setNumberFormat command where I added a $ now all read 0 in excel, they are fine in pdf.

grid.setColTypes(“rotxt,rotxt,rotxt,rotxt,rotxt,rotxt,rotxt,rotxt,ron,ron,ron”);
grid.setNumberFormat(“0,000.00”,8); //works
grid.setNumberFormat(“0.0”,9); //works
grid.setNumberFormat(“$0,000.00”,10); //all zero

This used to work in v30 and previous exporter. I’m using excel 2010.

Ok, I read my other post from a while back and resolved it.

//extended ron to insure $ values are exported to excel
function eXcell_rousd(cell){
this.base=eXcell_ron;
this.base(cell);
this.getContent = function(){
return this.cell.innerHTML;
};
this.setValue = function(val){
if(!val||val.toString()._dhx_trim()=="")val=“0”;
this.cell.innerHTML=this.grid._aplNF(val,this.cell._cellIndex);
};
};
eXcell_rousd.prototype=new eXcell_ron;

Applied rousd as applicable for column types.

Let me know if there’s a better way.

Hi,
please, open file gridExcelWrapper.php and modify it like here:

case 'number':
				case 'num':
				case 'edn':
				case 'ron':
					$text = preg_replace("/[^\d-,\.]/", "", $text);
					$text = str_replace(",", "", $text);
					$this->excel->getActiveSheet()->getCell($this->getColName($i).$this->currentRow)->setValueExplicit($text, PHPExcel_Cell_DataType::TYPE_NUMERIC);
					break;

After that formatted numbers should be exported correctly.

That works ok most the way. There is a remaining problem with formulas.

grid.setColTypes("… …,ron,ron,ron,ron,ron[=c8+c9],ron[=(c8+c9)/c7*100],ron[=c6-c10],ron[=c7-c10],ron[=c12-c13],ron,… …");
grid.setNumberFormat("$0,000",6);
grid.setNumberFormat("$0,000",7);
grid.setNumberFormat("$0,000",8);
grid.setNumberFormat("$0,000",9);
grid.setNumberFormat("$0,000",10);
grid.setNumberFormat(“0%”,11);
grid.setNumberFormat("$0,000",12);
grid.setNumberFormat("$0,000",13);
grid.setNumberFormat("$0,000",14);
grid.setNumberFormat(“0%”,15);
grid.setNumberFormat(“0%”,16);

Formula values are not interpreted as number values, nor formulas.

Result example in eXcel:

84822 76340 12268 153 $12,421 16% $72,401 $63,919 $8,482 11 100

Hi,
could you provide complete demo? Described scenario works correctly machine.

Please see below demo

Export to PDF and Price and Total Sales will both have $ sign in front of the value (which is wanted).

Export to Excel and Price will be a number, but Total Sales (from formula) has the $ sign.

All files referenced in this demo were downloaded last weekend.

I used the same demo for my post: “Some filters not functioning after export to pdf or excel”

Demo
    <link rel='STYLESHEET' type='text/css' href='../common/dhtmlxSuite_v35_pro_120822/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/dhtmlxgrid.css'>
<link rel='STYLESHEET' type='text/css' href='../common/dhtmlxSuite_v35_pro_120822/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/skins/dhtmlxgrid_dhx_skyblue.css'>
<script type='text/javascript' src='../common/dhtmlxSuite_v35_pro_120822/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/dhtmlxcommon.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='../common/dhtmlxSuite_v35_pro_120822/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/dhtmlxgrid.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='../common/dhtmlxSuite_v35_pro_120822/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/dhtmlxgridcell.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='../common/dhtmlxSuite_v35_pro_120822/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/ext/dhtmlxgrid_filter.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='../common/dhtmlxSuite_v35_pro_120822/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/ext/dhtmlxgrid_math.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='../common/dhtmlxSuite_v35_pro_120822/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/ext/dhtmlxgrid_export.js'></script>
<div id="gridbox" style="width:725px; height:350px"></div>
    <br><br>
<input type="button" name="" value="Get as Excel" style="width:300px; font-weight:bold;" onclick="mygrid.toExcel('../common/dhtmlxSuite_Goodies/grid-excel-php/generate.php');"><br><br>
<input type="button" name="" value="Get as PDF" style="width:300px; font-weight:bold;" onclick="mygrid.toPDF('../common/dhtmlxSuite_Goodies/grid-pdf-php/generate.php');"><br><br>

Hi,
please, try to update grid-excel-php from attachment. Provided demo works correctly with this version.
grid-excel-php.zip (789 KB)

Please see the attached excel and pdf files.

The grid.xlsx file shows numbers, without $ signs, in the Price column, but Total Sales does show the $ sign and the numbers are stored as text of course.

The .pdf file shows $ signs in both cases, just like the dhtmlx grid. No issues there!

No high priority, appreciate your time. Thanks!
examples.zip (299 KB)

Hi,
here is one more update, which should fix described problem.
Does it work correctly for now?
grid-excel-php.zip (790 KB)

That works! Thanks!!

Please update your central depository with this fix too :slight_smile: