feedback

Hello

i wanted to provide you with some feedback that i hope in some way will help your company to become better and therefore become better for your customers.

your products are fantastic, you have great developers and i think you should do everything you can to keep hold of them. there is one huge aspect that lets your products down. this is your support and documentation.

my company would buy your products if not for this. i also know other companies that have purchased your products but are very frustrated with your support.

basically your documentation is very limited and doesn’t explain things very well, and then when someone inevitably has a problem as your documentation is not very explanatory they attempt to ask you and you always seem to take a long time to answer. as you know, people in software dont have time to wait days for a response to even simple questions therefore they become frsutrated and go elsewhere.

you may be doing well but you will be doing so much better if you sort this out. the best option would be to have a 24 hour online chat service. this would bring you, and enable you to keep, so many customers. and only working monday to friday 9-6 is old fashioned and lazy. if you are going to survive in the world of globalisation then you have to really become a serious contender as right now you are letting yourselves and your customers down.

i hope you post an answer to this and explain to your customers what you are going to be doing about your problems with support as they do deserve an answer.

kindest regards

Dear Stewart,

Knowledge Base is a place where developers of DHTMLX libraries provide free support (free means they do this to help other developer without any obligations from their side). As it is free, we do not have any limits regarding the speed. But, we do our best to answer all questions in minimum time. Even those which were explained in documentation and demonstrated in lots of samples delivered with Standard or Professional Editions of our components.  I think that is the reason why we get feedback from registered customers like the following:

“Thanks for your great support. I am impressed by your support. Before I am always afraid email support but now for DHTMLX group I love email support that I never seen anywhere else.”

But… thank you for your feedback as we need to know different opinions… from free support consumers also.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p> 

</o:p>

Ahhhh i now see the problem…

the problem is, is that there are 2 types of companies:

the first type company hangs onto good feedback like the ones you showed to me. these types of companies get very defensive if you provide them with negative feedback, thus they very rarely move forward at the pace that company 2 can because its like they bury their head in the sand and dont want to know about improvement, they just want to know what they are doing is right.

the second type of company doesn’t even care about good feedback. good feedback doesn’t lead to improvement, yet negative feedback can only lead to improvement, thus company number 2 hangs on to negative feedback and makes the relevant changes to further improve themselves

your response clearly fits into one of these 2 companies !!!

lastly, you offer this for free and at no obligation. you do work for dhtmlx right?  i have noticed that your products aren’t free and at no obligation though, and your documentation does need great improvement!!!

which company do you want to be 1 or 2?

in response to what you stated below: who said i was a free support consumer?
But… thank you for your feedback as we need to know different opinions… from free support consumers also.

in response to your other feedback below: i am sorry but i dont share this view, so please dont hang on to the feedback. there is no help to you in being defensive about what i said. i only meant to help you and to aid in company improvements, not to criticize. i am only saying that you would have ALOT more customers if you did provide a 24 hour live chat. thats a fact. whether you choose to believe it or not, or whether you choose to defend against it, is up to you.
“Thanks
for your great support. I am impressed by your support. Before I am
always afraid email support but now for DHTMLX group I love email
support that I never seen anywhere else.”