Filtering grid very slow when grid attached

Hello,

I use grid with complex header

[url]http://dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxGrid/samples/11_header_footer/02_grid_complexheader_content.html[/url]

For a grid who contains 140 rows, filtering takes about 3 seconds (slow but ok).

But if I attach the grid to a windows who is attached to a cell of a layout, filtering
takes more than 15 seconds (very slow => unusable : browser ask always for continue or stopping the script).

I join a complete demo with the two cases.

Thanks in advance for your help

@++
JC
dhxgrid_slow.tar.gz (110 KB)

Why do you need to attach window to layout cell?
Also try to attach grid with attachGrid() method.

Hello Olga,

Why do you need to attach window to layout cell?

To keep important informations in other cells visible when window is maximized

Also try to attach grid with attachGrid() method

I can’t because in my real application, there’s 3 windows in this cell and each window have a grid.

Please notice that the same structure with dhtmlx 2.1 was not so slow. When upgrading library to 3.0, filtering becomes very slow.

Thanks for your help.

@++
JC

You are using hideRow() method to filter the grid. This is very slow method. To increase filtration speed try to use filterBy() method

Hello Olga,

You are using hideRow() method to filter the grid. This is very slow method. To increase filtration speed try to use filterBy() method

I can’t use filterBy method in a GPL application (filterBy only available in Professionnal version)

Remember that when the grid is not attached it’s not slow and with dhtmlx 2.1 it was not slow even if the grid was attached. There’s speed regression between dhtmlx 2.1 and 3.0 if the grid is attached :

dhtmlx 2.1          dthmlx 3.0
grid attached                OK               VERY SLOW
grid not attached            OK                   OK

Can you investigate this situation please ?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

@++
JC

filterBy() method is available in Standard version of dhtmlxGrid

Hello Olga,

The following documentation says that I need professionnal version and dhtmlxgrid_filter.js file :

http://docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtmlxgrid:api_method_dhtmlxgridobject_filterby

So the documentation is wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your answer

@++
JC

Olga ? Are you here ?

filterBy() method is available at Standard version. You can use it freely. If you need official answer - drop email to sales@dhtmlx.com. We will fix documentation as soon as possible.