filtering + xml reloading...

I am using grid with filter functionality. The first time i request dynamic data, the filters(2 Header lists) + results appear correctly!

When i send new paramaters in order to reload data (to the same grid), i get the xml results but the 2 filter cause the following error:

[Exception… “Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIDOMHTMLDivElement.appendChild]” nsresult: “0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)” location: “JS frame :: [ MY JS URL ] :: anonymous :: line 26” data: no] …

//-----------------------MY CODE

mygrid.init();

mygrid.loadXML(“ajax/xml.php?uid=”+(new Date()).valueOf() + “&[ MY PARAMETERS],function(){

mygrid.attachHeader(”

,#rspan,#rspan,#rspan,#rspan,#rspan,#rspan,#rspan");

var list1Flt = document.getElementById(“list1_flt”).appendChild(document.getElementById(“list1_flt_box”).childNodes[0]);

populateSelectWithList1(list1Flt);

var list2Flt = document.getElementById(“list2_flt”).appendChild(document.getElementById(“list2_flt_box”).childNodes[0]);

populateSelectWithList2(list2Flt);

mygrid.setSizes();

//-----------------------MY CODE

It seems like the grid does not re-attach the filters…

Any idea?

Not quite sure, but I think , that the problem is in “list1_flt_box” element, which can’t be found after grid reloading.

The order of actions are next

- grid initialized
- filter boxes attached to the grid

- grid cleared ( filter boxes fully removed from DOM )
- new data loaded
- code failed becuase it can’t find filter box ( list1_flt_box) element in DOM ( it was removed during grid clearing )

Ok, but it is really strange… I mean that filters work only the first time i create the grid. When i re-create it using different post parameters for php/xml generator, the filters disappear?!
Also i have not any code that destructs the filters. What i am doing is to re-init the grid (as the first time, using the same function) and then i load the xml with different parameters.
Is there any way to check (the second time) if the grid exists, then destroy it and re-create it, instead of just re-creating it? In this way maybe it clears everything…

Also i have not any code that destructs the filters.
Whe your reloading grid with new configuration, old headers removed, which includes filters inserted in headers.

>>and then i load the xml with different parameters.
If you will reload only data part of XML - it will work correctly, but it seems that you are reloading XML with section which result in full grid reset.

>>Is there any way to check (the second time) if the grid exists, then destroy it and re-create it
if (window.mygrid){ //mygrid.exists
mygrid.destructor();
call_init_code();
}

Is it possible to provide an example that combines both filtering and grouping functionality? Also the specific grid must use the functionality of XML reloading…
Thank you!

Requested sample sent by email