Fixed row height in Firefox & Chrome?

Hi,

Using v3.0 Enterprise Suite…

I have a grid with the a skin applied (dhx_blue). The grid “multiline” property is True, and I am setting the row height in CSS on the page using this:

div.gridbox table.obj tr { height: 30px; }

That works in IE, however in both Firefox and Chrome, the row height expands to display the entire content of the longest cell value.

Is there another CSS definition I should use for those browsers to make the appearance consistent?

Thanks,
-Chip

The grid “multiline” property is True
Turn multiline mode off and grid will keep 30px row height

Thank you for the suggestion; however, I do want the text to wrap, which is why I set “multiline” to True. In Internet Explorer 8, this works as desired – the text wraps in the cell, two lines of text are visible, and the extra text is clipped.

Non-IE browsers appear to ignore or override the “height: 30px” style on the table row, so I am wondering if there is some other CSS solution to enforce the height specification while retaining the multiline effect.

Here is how a section of the grid appears in IE with multiline True and row height 30px:

Here is the same section in Firefox:

If it can’t be done, I understand… just feels like I’m missing something obvious.

Thanks

Unfortunately it cannot be done. If you turn multi line mode off, rows will be looked the same as in IE