Focus on tab when select a tab by setTabActive

Hello,

I’ve a tabbar in a layout’s cell.

In a tab of the tabbar, i’ve a toolbar.

1. If the user click on the tab, the tab is displayed and focus is on the tab (and the toolbar)
  2. If I active the tab via setTabActive, the tab is displayed but the focus in not really on the tab (and the toolbar)

The problem is when 2), the user has to click twice on any toolbar’s button to have an effect.

Do you have a solution for this problem ?

Hello,

please attach the complete demo.

Hello Alexandra,

Here’s the complete demo for this problem.

Thanks in advance for the analysis

@++
JC
focus_tab.tar.gz (67.8 KB)

Hello,

If I active the tab via setTabActive, the tab is displayed but the focus in not really on the tab (and the toolbar)

setTabActive shows the tab, but does not manage its content. You may set focus manually, from the onSelect event handler if it is needed.

the user has to click twice on any toolbar’s button to have an effect.

In what browser can we reproduce the problem ? It is not reproduced in the latest IE, Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Hello Alexandra,

Thanks for your answer.

In what browser can we reproduce the problem ? It is not reproduced in the latest IE, Chrome and Firefox browsers.

The problem can be reproduced on : Firefox 3.6 (Windows) and Firefox 3.6.23 (Linux). I’ve tested on IE 8 (Windows) and Firefox 9.0 alpha (Aurora) and there’s no problem on them.

Is there a solution for Firefox 3.6.x ?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

@++
JC

Alexandra ? Are you here ?

Hi,

We’ll check what could be done for this issue. And if the solution is possible, we’ll provide it next week.