Form attach to Window Bug

Greetings,

I’ve been testing this dhtmlxv6 for a while and I feel like you guys (developers) did not do some intensive checking/testing this library. (If I’m wrong, I apologize first)

There is a lot of suggestion/features I want to have but I will create another topic for that.

I was testing this Window Library along with the Form library. Please do note I’m using the
dhtmlxSuite v.6.2.1 Standard version.

Actions: I created two dhxWindow (window 1 and window 2) then I create a form instance and attach this form to window 1. The 2 windows works fine and the form was added.

Bug #1:
The input/controls in the form had a big gaps/space next to other control when attach to window.

To fix this weird space/padding issue, setting the gravity to false to each inputs fix the problem. But this is kinda annoying and adds some Kb’s to your script. Please put back or add the Settings type which overrides some settings like what you have in DhtmlX version 5.

Bug #2:
When I added the type datepicker to the form (attached to window) a bug shows and it is really annoying/unworkable for me. See figure below.

The datepicker is below the window, it is hard to pick date because it overlaps.
Another one is that if you click (accidentally or intentionally) the other window the the datepicker will not show again even if you click the datepicker input. I have not yet tried this on timepicker but maybe they share same result.

Bug #3:
Minor: I notice this while developer tools is open. I attach the form instance into a a valid html form <form autocomplete="off" id="someid></form>. It works well but I notice that when I add the inputType: 'hidden' to a input type. I saw a message saying that the “password input is outside form”. It is minor anyway. Please don’t break the browser.

Bug #4
I tried the css method/option for the button control and It did not work. the cellCss works fine. I was able to create a css rule to change the location of button. Did I interpret/made this wrong?
Please re-check. Thank you.

REQUEST
1.) Please add an option or control to the form where I can insert html code directly so development will be fast and simple.
Something like this;

var form = new dhxForm("frm-container", {
 row: [
   {
    type: 'html', 
    content: '<a href="javascript:void(0);">Forgot password</a>'
   }
 ]
});

2.)
I’m checking the documentation for button and I don’t see the offsetLeft/Top?
I need a standard way of changing the location of the button.
The fix I did to move this button to the right side is by writing a css rule.

I am really looking forward using this library. Doing this testing and finding minor bug I hope in a small way I am able to help you. Please let me know if this already fix so I can download the new stable version.

any update on this administrator? How to fix the overlapping datepicker?

I apologize for that horrible delay with the reply.

Bug #1:
The input/controls in the form had a big gaps/space next to other control when attach to window.
To fix this weird space/padding issue, setting the gravity to false to each inputs fix the problem. But this is kinda annoying and adds some Kb 's to your script. Please put back or add the Settings type which overrides some settings like what you have in DhtmlX version 5.

I understand you but unfortunately the usage of the gravity property is a designed behavior. I have sent you request to the dev team, so they observe it.

Bug #2:
When I added the type datepicker to the form (attached to window) a bug shows and it is really annoying/unworkable for me. See figure below.

The problem is confirmed. We’ll try to fix it in the future updates. For now I may suggest you to change the z-index of your datepicker as a workaround.

Bug #3:
Minor: I notice this while developer tools is open. I attach the form instance into a a valid html form <form autocomplete="off" id="someid></form> . It works well but I notice that when I add the inputType: 'hidden' to a input type. I saw a message saying that the “password input is outside form”. It is minor anyway. Please don’t break the browser.

Unfortunately the problem cannot be reproduced locally. Could you please, provide a more detailed sample or a snippet code, so the problem could be reconstructed.

Bug #4
I tried the css method/option for the button control and It did not work. the cellCss works fine. I was able to create a css rule to change the location of button. Did I interpret/made this wrong?
Please re-check. Thank you.

The problem is confirmed. Unfortunately currently it is not available to add the css class to the form button item. Wew’ll try to fix it in the future updates. For now I can suggest you to add the id to your button and apply the css to the specified id as a workaround.

{
						type: "button",
						id: "my_id",
						value: "Send"
					}

#my_id{
				color:blue;
				background: red;
			}

REQUEST
1.) Please add an option or control to the form where I can insert html code directly so development will be fast and simple

Unfortunately currently we’re not planning to add the custom html elements to the dhtmlxForrm.

2.)
I’m checking the documentation for button and I don’t see the offsetLeft/Top ?
I need a standard way of changing the location of the button.
The fix I did to move this button to the right side is by writing a css rule.

Unfortunately currently there is no offset property for the form items, but we’re planning to add this feature in the future releases.

1 Like