Form created with JSON needing Grid integration

I have a form:

var frmB =  [
                    {type: "fieldset", name:"requestor_information", label:"Requestor Information", width: 800, list:[
                        { type: "input", label: "EUID:", name: "requestor_euid", inputWidth: "50", position: "label-left", labelAlign: "right", readonly: true, value: "test me" },
                        { type: "block", list: [
                            { type: "input", label: "First name:", name: "requestor_fname", inputWidth: "200", position: "label-left", labelAlign: "right", readonly: true, value: "test me"  },
                            { type: "newcolumn", offset: 30 },
                            { type: "input", label: "Last name:", name: "requestor_lname", inputWidth: "200", position: "label-left", labelAlign: "right", readonly: true, value: "test me"  }
                        ]},
                        { type: "input", label: "Title:",        name: "requestor_title",  inputWidth: "300", position: "label-left", labelAlign: "right", readonly: true, value: "test me"  },
                        { type: "input", label: "Department:",   name: "requestor_dept",   inputWidth: "300", position: "label-left", labelAlign: "right", readonly: true, value: "test me"  },
                        { type: "input", label: "Office:",       name: "requestor_office", inputWidth: "300", position: "label-left", labelAlign: "right", readonly: true, value: "test me"  },
                        { type: "block", list: [
                            { type: "input", label: "Phone number:", name: "requestor_phone",  inputWidth: "200", position: "label-left", labelAlign: "right", readonly: true, value: "test me"  },
                            { type: "newcolumn", offset: 30 },
                            { type: "input", label: "Fax number:",   name: "requestor_fax",    inputWidth: "200", position: "label-left", labelAlign: "right", readonly: true, value: "test me"  }
                        ]},
                        { type: "input", label: "Email:",        name: "requestor_email",  inputWidth: "300", position: "label-left", labelAlign: "right", readonly: true, value: "test me"  }
                    ]}
               ];

That is being created using JSON notation and it works fine. It is attached to a 2U Layout. I would like to add a grid to the form below the JSON form elements in the same layout cell is there a way to do this? I looked at the sample that uses a pre-existing HTML form and an imbedded DIV for the grid, but I want to be able to use a JSON form.

I’ve tried to create the grid independently and then attachObject to the cell (failed), I’ve tried creating a dummy form item and attaching the grid to it by changing the grid’s parent item (failed). I’m hoping I’m missing the obvious solution.

What I’m trying to create is a form that will allow users the ability to list items (add/remove from a table/grid) as part of a form.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Nevermind about this post. After several hours of hunting, I finally found the appendObject() function. That did the trick.

My only request is that this function be documented and explained. It is very useful and could come in handy in numerous ways.

Thanks, Alan

I agree. It’s a very useful function, and is not mentioned in the API listing. I only became aware of it from some old documentation I found. Then I searched the forums, and found this thread.

I wish I had known (from that thread)

. I wasted hours on that one, trying to solve positioning errors that I now know cannot be solved that way.