Gaps in smart rendering and page up/down issues

Hello,

I am having a similar problem to the post below. I tried using the provided dhtmlxgrid_srnd.js, but it did not solve my problem. To explain the problem exactly, here is what I am doing. I have a smart rendering grid that is 1000-20,000 records and loads in 50 records at a time when viewable. The problem occurs when using the up/down arrows and page up/down. If I scroll down the grid nice and slow there are no problems, but if I hold the down arrow or press it rapidly when the next set of data is about to load, I get a gap between the last set of records loaded and the latest set. When this occurs, the down arrow will no longer navigate the grid as it is off screen and when I scroll up moving the mouse, there is a gap of about 7 records that have not been loaded.

I’m having a similar problem with page up/down. If I hit page down at the first row, it will select the next page correctly, but when I’m at the point for the next 50 records to be rendered and hit page down, it will render in the rows, but it will not change the selected row, which makes it confusing to the user as the new rows have appeared, but the old row is still selected.

(Original post from other user below)

Thanks,

Steve

-------------------------

Hello,

I using the dhtmlxgrid with xml smartrendering. So when i scroll it does an xml request which loads the new set of rows. But when i scroll very slow it goes perfect. But the faster i scroll the bigger the gaps becomes between the old set and new set of rows.

How can i tweak this?

gr. Martin

Answer posted by Support on Jun 27, 2008 01:37

If you are using the rows with non-default height - you need to specify used height as

grid.setAwaitedRowHeight(22); // where 22 - expected height of row

There was a bug in SRND processing in earlier release ( current version already contain fixed files ) , you can try to use attached js file instead of original dhtmlxgrid_srnd.js , it may resolve issue.

---------------------------------------------

which makes it confusing to the user as the new rows have appeared, but the old row is still selected
Problem confirmed and fixed - fixed js files sent by email.

>> there is a gap of about 7 records that have not been loaded.
Issue can’t be reconstructed locally. If it still occurs for you with latest js files - please provide any kind of sample where it can be reconstructed.