We have an odd issue with getFilterElement() function. After moving columns programmaticaly with moveColumn() I first noticed that the filters were not moved with the them. I have fixed this my adding code that swaps the filters over when columns are moved. This all works correctly and I can see the correct filter on the correct column
However after this operation, calling getFilterElement() to the original filter of the index called.
The Grid originally has a Select Element on the first column (index 0). I move a new column and its filter to index 0 - this one has a Input element. However calling getFilterElement(0) returns the original Select filter?
I can posts some code but its a very complicated site. I just wanted to see if this was a known issue and if there are any fixes? I can’t see anything in the forums?
You have kindly sent me an evaluation version of the latest version of the dhtmlxgrid and this issue remain.
To confirm it I added this code
alert("Moved column old index = " + cInd + " new index= " + posInd);
alert("Name of column at new index= " + mygrid.getHeaderCol(posInd));
alert("filter at new index is " + mygrid.getFilterElement(posInd));
On the grid we have a Input Element on the first column and a select element on the second column. The first column is called Name the second is Group
I move the second column to the front. We get from the alerts
Moved column old index 1 new index 0 - correct and as expected
Name of column at new index Group - again correct as Group is now the first column
filter at new index is [object HTMLInputElement] - this is incorrect. The filter at index 0 is a select element now.
I hope you can help as its not worth us upgrading of this doesn’t fix this issue.