Getting started with the Connector .NET (for grid)

I have downloaded the dhtmlxConnector .NET package, but I cannot even get the samples to work and I haven’t had much luck finding as getting started guide for this thing.

I have tried to set up a web application for samples/default.aspx which gives me a tree with links to a lot of samples - however none of these work.

I get the following regardless of what I try:

[code][HttpParseException]: Could not create type ‘dhtmlxConnector.Net_Samples.dhtmlxGrid.baseGridConnector’.

at System.Web.UI.SimpleWebHandlerParser.GetType(String typeName)

at System.Web.UI.SimpleWebHandlerParser.GetTypeToCache(Assembly builtAssembly)

at System.Web.Compilation.SimpleHandlerBuildProvider.GetGeneratedType(CompilerResults results)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.CreateBuildResult(CompilerResults results)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetBuildResult(CompilerResults results)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)

at System.Web.UI.SimpleHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
[/code]
I probably miss something, but as I can’t really find any description of how to set this up, it is hard to know where to go from here and if this was in fact the general idea of the samples.

Please provide a description covering the part of getting the thing to work in the first place before actually using it.

Ok I got it to work now.

I was trying to use the solution (.sln) in the Sources folder when apparently I should be using the project (.csproj) in Samples folder.
Also, the Database file will most likely have to be upgraded before it will work in newer versions of Visual Studio.