Goto event

Hello Again,

I wrote a script that finds overlapping events with the same room (I 'm rewriting the calendar to become a room booker).

So what I have is the ids, of the overlapping events, how can I:

1. go to the event in the current view (If the event takes place the 4th of july and I’m currently on the month view of april, I want the calendar to move to the month view of july)

or

1. show the lightbox of a specified event

a combination of both would even be better…

Thanks

I found part one:
scheduler.setCurrentView(scheduler.getEvent(event).start_date);

And here is part two:

scheduler.showLightbox(event);

The API is a little wrong:

it states showLightBox(event_id)
but in fact it is showLightbox (no upper ‘Box’)

Documentation is updated.
Thanks for remark.

Sorry to open that again, but an important question here. How can I “Prevent” event overlapping. What I mean is that I need to put one schedule (datetime range) and prevent any schedule in that range after it. How can I do that?

Optional extension will be added with the oncoming update.
You can check the preview sample
support.dhtmlx.com/x-files/sched … lision.zip

Actually, It can be done without any extensions, getEvents method can be used to check how much events are occupying a time slot, and such check can be attached to the creation and modifications handler of scheduler.

Thank you alot, you’re a great supporter Stanislav :wink:

this are great news!!!
looks really like something i could maybe need.

are there any plans for:

• merging some events which are overlapping
  • if you have overlapping events, adding the overlapping time from event 1 to event 2?

and yes, your support is great!!!

• merging some events which are overlapping
  • if you have overlapping events, adding the overlapping time from event 1 to event 2?

Currently (in version 2.2) extension is only blocks overlapping events and triggers onSchedulerCollision event, technically it possible to attach some kind of custom logic to the such event, which will remove two existing events, and add the resulting one.