GPL is not CreativeCommons

@Inga Kravtsova
In a post here you wrote :
" [software] under GPL can be used only within GPL-licensed projects[…]"
and
“You are allowed to use GPLed components on a commercial site, but in this case the code of your site must also comply to GPL license terms, i.e. be Open Source.”

That seems to be false or maybe not clear. The GPL just says that if you modify a gpl software, the source of your modifications/contributions must be publicly available and
that the modified software must be under GPL too -if you distribute it-. But of course, you can ‘use’ a GPL software in commercial project or if you’re paid for the development.
So the part of project even in js which not modify Dxhtml, not has to be Open Source. As well you can write programs ‘using’ php, ajax, O-S Apis, etc without
the obligation to distribute your application under licences of these tools.

Now to speak about me who develop some open-source software… If I see that it’s possible to extend smartly Dhtmlx components, I’ll do it and I’ll put the modified work under GPL and the source on github for example.

I hope you’re agree, if not I’m afraid you don’t input the meaning of GPL.

JMichel

I would’t be so sure about this. Please see this answer in the GPL F.A.Q. (related to use of the GPL-ed program in a proprietary software):
gnu.org/licenses/old-license … tarySystem

No problem with that. It’s allowed by GPL.