GPLv3 / AGPL compatibility

Hi,

First of all I’d like to thank you for making DHTMLX available under any open-source license at all. As an author of open-source software myself I know that the appreciation for your contribution can be sporadic.

Would it be possible to make DHTMLX available under GPLv3 or AGPL? Right now, GPLv2 projects can use DHTMLX, and commercial products can purchase commercial licenses, but there is no option for projects which use modern variants of the GPL such as the GPLv3 or AGPL. As far as I can tell, this seems contrary to your intention of dual licensing for GPL and commercial projects.

For some context, our open-source application used to be GPLv2 licensed. Another company forked the code, extended it, and offered paid access to the modified version in a hosted capacity only, without contributing their changes back to the codebase. The AGPL specifically protects our project against this “webapp loophole”.

This isn’t a case where we’re trying to “get out of” a license purchase. Our application itself is 100% open-source. We’d be happy to pay the Commercial or Enterprise price for a compatible license.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

p.s. its the Scheduler component we have the most interest in at this time.

Ivan, like I’ve already replied to your emails, unfortunately, we can’t license DHTMLX components under another GPL license.