Greek Language in Custom Fields

Hello,

I want to add a new custom field but it has to be written in Greek!
But greek characters aren’t supported because only ??? appear after saving.

How can I add support for greek characters?

Unfortunately there is no way to use not-latin symbols in custom field name for now.

Hi!

I wonder how much effort would it take for me to implement Custom Fields with UTF8 support in the Joomla Scheduler component. I’m not a JavaScript expert, but couldn’t the Custom Field description be converted to unicode-escape-sequence right after the input in the editDsc() method in codebase/iframe/custom_fields.html and then back to normal at the event creation window? Am I missing something, cause this would seem not too much effort.

Kind regards,
Andy

Hi!

Ok, I solved it the “super professional” way. I just added some string comparison to the dhtmlxscheduler.js (in the components/com_scheduler/codebase folder). So that when the html code for the custom fields is generated, I check the field name for my custom field names, and on each match I set the variable to the according string with utf8 special characters. The variable is called “this.locale.labels[“section_”+sns[i].name]”. If you have custom field with “select list” type, then there is another place to add similar comparison - the variable you are looking for is “sns.options[i].label”.

Well ofcourse this is bad hack, but it’s easy and for none changeing custom fields this is ok for me.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Hi,
good work, Andy :slight_smile:

hey,how can i make it work?Can you guys be more specific? It works well when im adding an even_location with google maps but after i checked in phpmyadmin the letters are unreadable.
Im using also Greek language.Is there a way?or can AndyBoy be more specific ?like step by step?

anyone?plz im stuck :confused: