Grid addRow(id, []) <a> title attribute truncation, .load()

Initial grid population is via .parse() via an Ajax staged XML stream. Later additions via .addRow() using array argument form. Attempts to add link to column with both href and title accept the href, but not the title (e.g. this works too).

I also notice that when populating via .load(), the resulting

content is rich with lots of “goodness” :wink: (e.g. IE fixes, targeting, etc.) – am I responsible for all that when using .addRow()?

I’d also attempted to use ._refresh_mode = [true, true] to attempt an “append” from XML using .parse() as I’d get all “goodness” from above, but it didn’t work, exhibiting the grid-not-populated result that I typically see when .load()-ing XML content that doesn’t adhere to standard. This XML-based approach would be preferred as it would allow me to reuse some of of my content projection instruments…

Whats the best practice for appending additional rows?

Lastly, is there a planned release for extending .loadXML() for both GET and POST?

Regards,
Dirk

Distribution: latest build Pro Suite, Enterprise

accept the href, but not the title
Actually it accepts both attributes, but grid has own logic for tooltips , so it ignores inline title attribute and generates its own tooltips.
You can disable automatic tootips by adding next line to the grid’s initialization
grid.attachEvent(“onMouseOver”,function(){return false;});

>>am I responsible for all that when using .addRow()?
Most probably - not. When you adding values to the grid, component will place content in related cells and add any grid related attributes automatically.

>>I’d also attempted to use ._refresh_mode = [true, true]
There is a known issue with such way of updateFromXML usage, please check
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/kb/inde … 0extension