Grid cell combo.put not working as expected

DHTMLX Suite 4.4
In a table column of my SQL DB, each row entry has a value of 0-3 stored as an integer. These each represent a “type” in my application. In the Grid I have a column(3) type of coro that is populated with the results of this SQL column via render_table. The data from the SQL DB is correctly being populated to the Grid but,

My Grid code contains the following:

typeCombo = appGrid.getCombo(3);
typeCombo.put(0,"Reserved");
typeCombo.put(1,"Application");
typeCombo.put(2,"Form");
typeCombo.put(3,"Report");

What I expected was for the SQL data to match the combo value and display the label in the Grid cell.
Example: SQL Data = 1 matches combo value 1 resulting in “Application” being displayed.

This is what I expected:

<select class="dhx_combo_select" style="width: 150px; left: 1592px; top: 166px;" size="6">
<option value="0">Reserved</option>
<option value="1">Application</option>
<option value="2">Form</option>
<option value="3">Report</option>
</select>

This is what I am getting:

<select class="dhx_combo_select" style="width: 150px; left: 1592px; top: 166px;" size="6">
<option value="0">0</option>
<option value="1">1</option>
<option value="2">2</option>
<option value="3">Report</option>
</select>

Currently SQL rendered values to the column are, 0,1 and 2.

Thank you,

I suppose you are using “combo” column type. In this case you cannot use the put() method.
You need to use the fiollowing solution to add options to your “combo”:
myCombo = myGrid.getColumnCombo(column_index);
myCombo.addOption(key,text);
Here you can find a tutorial:
docs.dhtmlx.com/grid__combo_integration.html

Sematik, thank you for the reply. I was using a column type ‘coro’. That was why I was using ‘put’. I read the documentation you linked (it was a little confusing to me), changed the column type to ‘combo’ and the ‘put’ to ‘addOption’. It is still not working for me. I have attached a demo.

The confusing thing for me about the documentation was, it describes the format of the Combo xml and how it should be created. Then, it describes the API method for getting the combo column (as though you don’t need the combo xml if the column type is set to ‘combo’ in the grid) and adding the options there with the addOption method (same as what you said).

Thank you for your assistance.
demo.zip (1.06 KB)